PDA

View Full Version : Courtesy Car List???

gbrasch
09-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Does anyone know of a central listing for airports/FBO's with courtesy cars. If not, I would be glad to start such a list on my website for everyone to view and use for free. Send me an e-mail with the location of the car and any other details you would like posted and I will see if there is enough interest to post the list. Sent the email to: gbrasch@rvairspace.com Should be interesting! Glenn

vaflier
09-01-2014, 05:06 PM
None at kmfv

gbrasch
09-01-2014, 05:16 PM
Thanks for the response, starting to get some other interest on this, so again, if you know of any, please email me or post here and I will check back. Thanks.

Floatsflyer
09-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Cleared customs at Toledo Express KTOL. The FBO, I think it was National Flight Services, graciously offered us their courtesy car to go to a nearby restaurant. It was an older Oldsmobile.

rleffler
09-02-2014, 06:30 AM
Glenn,

Somebody on VAF attempted to create a similar list, but I think it died on the vine after a few posts.

Good Luck!

bob

Bob H
09-04-2014, 07:42 PM
You will probably not find any in California because of too many lawyers suing people, but on trips eastward, I found free Courtesy Cars in Guymon,OK, McPherson, KS, Morioriaty, NM., Tucumcari, NM.
I usually put in a few gallons of gas as a Thank You.
The old, brown Flight Guide used to show whether a car was available at small airports. I think a current list would be very helpful.
Bob H

ecipcic
09-04-2014, 07:57 PM
Corporate Air KAGC has a nice Lincoln, and Cuyoga County in Cleveland claims to have a Hummer to attract customers. KLHV (manager Ed Watson) always willing to have a car available for customers.
Best,
Eric Cipcic

Frank Giger
09-04-2014, 09:12 PM
PLR (Saint Clair County) in Pell City, Alabama has one.

gbrasch
09-04-2014, 09:23 PM
Thanks, keep 'em coming and I'll compile a list if the response is good. Response has been better here so far than the other forums I asked the question on.

skyfixer8
09-05-2014, 07:34 AM
Boreal Aviation at Sawyer airport in marquette michigan has a courtesy car, and in a pinch, the mechanic will lend you his pick up for gas.

D Powell
09-05-2014, 08:07 AM
Go to 100LL.com and you can enter in any airport code. There you will see if the FBO's offer courtesy cars. Don't know how reliable it is but a courtesy car is listed if the FBO has one.

MEdwards
09-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Centerline Aviation, Great Bend, KS, KGBD
Jet Air, Inc., Iowa City, IA, KIOW
Skyline Aviation, Midland, TX, KMAF

gbrasch
09-06-2014, 11:26 AM
Go to 100LL.com and you can enter in any airport code. There you will see if the FBO's offer courtesy cars. Don't know how reliable it is but a courtesy car is listed if the FBO has one.
Thanks DP, as said before, I am trying to compile a state by state list that a pilot could browse through. Please keep those locations coming.

gbrasch
09-09-2014, 07:28 PM
Thanks to those of you who have posted or emailed me. Currently the list has 70 listings in 37 states. Please keep those cards and letters coming for all to benefit. The group can be seen here: http://forums.rvairspace.com/?forum=390646 Feel free to bookmark it for future reference.

jjhoneck
09-11-2014, 10:14 AM
Hey Glenn -- not sure how (or if) you would delineate this, but we have a courtesy car for our registered guests to use at Amelias Landing Hotel, in Port Aransas, TX.

Somehow that has to be separated from the Mustang Beach Airport (KRAS) listing, since the car is not for general usage.

As far as I know, we are the only hotel in America (perhaps the world?) that has a courtesy car for fly-in guests.

gbrasch
09-11-2014, 02:35 PM
Hey Glenn -- not sure how (or if) you would delineate this, but we have a courtesy car for our registered guests to use at Amelias Landing Hotel, in Port Aransas, TX.

Somehow that has to be separated from the Mustang Beach Airport (KRAS) listing, since the car is not for general usage.

As far as I know, we are the only hotel in America (perhaps the world?) that has a courtesy car for fly-in guests.

I posted your comments, thanks! And the list now has well over 100 listings in every state, please keep those comments coming to gbrasch@rvairspace.com for everyones benefit.

gbrasch
09-16-2014, 02:28 PM
The airport car list now has almost 200 listings in all 50 states and Canada and is growing every day. The list is now neatly organized by state with all the entries on one page for each state (tip-when you view the forum if the states are out of order, click the "Subject" word and it will put them in order). Please help your fellow pilots by sending me locations you know have a courtesy or crew car or courtesy transportation to gbrasch@rvairspace.com The list is located here for you to bookmark or add to, you do not have to be a registered user to contribute http://forums.rvairspace.com/?forum=390646 And can you forward this email to your other pilot friends so they may add to the list? Thanks in advance.

gbrasch
09-21-2014, 11:51 AM
Update, well over 260 listings, please keep sending your knowledge in, either on this forum, by PM or email to me at gbrasch@rvairspace.com Thanks!

gbrasch
09-28-2014, 07:03 PM
New entries have pushed the forum to over 300 listings, please keep sending your entries in. Thank you!