PDA

View Full Version : Scrap Aluminum Project for Boys

zemon
08-29-2014, 07:07 PM
Folks,

My nephews (ages 8 and 9) are here for the weekend and they are fascinated with the BD-4C airplane that I am building. I am looking for a project idea, something that they can each build in a day from scrap aluminum. I have lots of sheet aluminum and a variety of short-ish pieces of angle. Suggestions?

Thanks,
-- Art Z.

wallda
08-29-2014, 07:09 PM
Please share any ideas you get! I have an 8 year old who wants to start a small project.

martymayes
08-29-2014, 08:30 PM
Here's something my son made at EAA Air Academy Camp. One is a thermometer, the other is a clock. Aluminum sheet, layout, measuring, cutting, bending, drilling, installed pulled rivets, installing instrument. He is proud of his handiwork.

I'm sure someone at EAA has the plans they use to make these. .

zemon
08-29-2014, 08:41 PM
Here's something my son made at EAA Air Academy Camp. One is a thermometer, the other is a clock. Aluminum sheet, layout, measuring, cutting, bending, drilling, installed pulled rivets, installing instrument. He is proud of his handiwork.

Marty,

Those look fantastic! Thank you. We can make a couple of triangles tomorrow and attach something useful to them... clocks, lights, something.

-- Art Z.

gbrasch
08-29-2014, 09:03 PM
No time to order this weekend, but for future reference, Van's Aircraft sells a kit to make a useful toolbox.....