PDA

View Full Version : Best Debut Aircraft at Oshkosh 2014

Floatsflyer
08-07-2014, 06:31 PM
There weren't very many at all, but of what there were of new introductions, for me it's the SLSA MVP AERO. A look-a-like Icon flying boat but with appreciable airframe differences and very novel and cool built in adventure flying features.

Took me a while to find it, but when I did, I knew it could be a winner. Glasair is the manufacturer and some notable aviation people are attached to the development so definitely has credibility. They say deliveries in 5 years which is also credible. Unfortunately, they're taking deposits.

I of course implored them to ensure that it would have in-cockpit push of a button wing fold. In speaking with the 2 reps and with a big crowd salivating around the full scale mock-up at the seaplane base, I made sure everyone knew about the dirty little secret of flying boats. ;)

http://www.mvp.aero/#prettyPhoto/0/

Byron J. Covey
08-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Promising, but let's wait until it actually becomes an airplane.

flyboycpa
08-09-2014, 06:48 PM
Promising, but let's wait until it actually becomes an airplane.

Just like the Icon. The Icon is like the LSA-amphib version of the Eclipse jet. All hype, yet very little to show for it.

Floatsflyer
08-09-2014, 08:30 PM
The Ikon is like the LSA-amphib version of the Eclipse jet. All hype, yet very little to show for it.

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong. That's Icon with a c.

Mike M
08-10-2014, 05:26 AM
I'll bite. What dirty little secret? This looks like an amazing light sport aircraft, simple and easily functional, with a turbo and a folding deck and a fishing chair and parallelogram canopy and folding wings and still light enough to leave enough useful load for a guy, gal, gas, and a fishing pole. Wow! Amazing?

flyboycpa
08-10-2014, 10:21 AM
If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong. That's Icon with a c.

Fixed :)

Regardless, I stand by what I say. I think the Icon is a great little aircraft (just like the Eclipse); however, there has been a lot of $$$ put out for fancy advertising, big displays, etc. and there is still only ONE preproduction aircraft flying and they are still looking for investment funds.

I hope the MVP watches and learns from this. They have a beautiful aircraft and I hope they succeed.

Bill Berson
08-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Brian and Carol Carpenter's Primary Electric Motorglider is my pick. It has flown in California, but was only a static display this year at the ultralight field. The open air experience and low cost could get young people involved in learning to fly.
A primary glider is hard to beat for initial training.
http://www.electricmotorglider.com/

Floatsflyer
08-10-2014, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=cdrmuetzel@juno.com;43916]I'll bite. What dirty little secret?(/QUOTE]

At worst undockable, at best undockable!

Richard Warner
08-14-2014, 09:42 PM
Just like the Icon. The Icon is like the LSA-amphib version of the Eclipse jet. All hype, yet very little to show for it.

The name Jim Beede and the BD-5 comes to mind.

frfly172
08-16-2014, 02:43 PM
Was very impressed with the sportsman 2+2 diesel. Always liked that aircraft,now I really like it.