PDA

View Full Version : Funnel Clouds at OSH

MNWORD
08-06-2014, 05:35 AM
Did anybody know about funnel clouds while at at OSH last week? If so,are there supposed to be sirens etc,etc and warnings? What is the EAA,s plan for such weather issues? http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BtlwYQyCMAMgIiL.jpg

Thanks
MNWORD

Mayhemxpc
08-06-2014, 05:59 AM
What day and time was that?

scuba72
08-06-2014, 06:19 AM
I believe that is a Scud Cloud and not a Funnel Cloud. Was the storm rotating? If not, its not a Funnel Cloud.

FlyingRon
08-06-2014, 06:39 AM
I saw it too. There was no rotation (and wasn't emerging from a wall cloud or other formation that you'd expect). It was not a funnel

rleffler
08-06-2014, 06:51 AM
You mean this one?

champ driver
08-06-2014, 07:44 AM
It probable was a cold air funnel. not considered dangerous, and not the same as a tornado.
http://www.theweatherprediction.com/habyhints/329/

gbrasch
08-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Saw a whole bunch of people in the campground standing on top of their motorhomes taking pictures, then heard there were two sighted over the lake.

ifly1848v
08-07-2014, 07:00 PM
Our EAA Radio staff Meteorologist also believed this to be a cold air funnel, as there was no rotation in the system as it passed OSH.

Also let me add that EAA has an extensive emergency action plan that encompasses many possible situations including weather events. They have their own weather advisors and coordinate with local authorities to ensure the safety of all AirVenture Oshkosh attendees.

I am proud to play a small part in those plans as a way to get emergency messages out to AirVenture attendeees. For our part in this type of situation, EAA Radio has our staff Meteorologist in the studio whenever potentially dangerous weather is approaching OSH. He monitors the situation and goes on-air as needed to inform listeners. EAA Radio also coordinates with EAA Security and their weather advisors to deliver specific directions in the case of an actual emergency.

Kyle Boatright
08-07-2014, 07:56 PM
Our EAA Radio staff Meteorologist also believed this to be a cold air funnel, as there was no rotation in the system as it passed OSH.

Also let me add that EAA has an extensive emergency action plan that encompasses many possible situations including weather events. They have their own weather advisors and coordinate with local authorities to ensure the safety of all AirVenture Oshkosh attendees.

I am proud to play a small part in those plans as a way to get emergency messages out to AirVenture attendeees. For our part in this type of situation, EAA Radio has our staff Meteorologist in the studio whenever potentially dangerous weather is approaching OSH. He monitors the situation and goes on-air as needed to inform listeners. EAA Radio also coordinates with EAA Security and their weather advisors to deliver specific directions in the case of an actual emergency.

Foreflight was showing rotation in one of the incoming storms on Tuesday evening. Were you guys close to pulling the trigger on any actions/announcements?