PDA

View Full Version : Admission Price/Membership Status Question

TheGreatFlight
07-27-2014, 06:31 PM
My husband and I renew our membership each year as a family membership. I'm seeing on the Airventure admission price page that a spouse is considered a guest? Therefore we can't bring along a guest at a reduced rate on the days that I attend? Am I reading this right? I guess I always thought we were both considered members, not "member and his spouse." Maybe I should separate us as far as membership goes so we each pay the individual renewal fee each year rather than the family fee? Then we could each bring a guest next year (as well as both be considered full-on members)?

krw920
07-27-2014, 08:50 PM
My husband and I renew our membership each year as a family membership. I'm seeing on the Airventure admission price page that a spouse is considered a guest? Therefore we can't bring along a guest at a reduced rate on the days that I attend? Am I reading this right? I guess I always thought we were both considered members, not "member and his spouse." Maybe I should separate us as far as membership goes so we each pay the individual renewal fee each year rather than the family fee? Then we could each bring a guest next year (as well as both be considered full-on members)?

I'm just a member, but I am pretty sure if you and your husband have a family membership, you are both indeed members. You both have a membership card correct? I know my wife and I do. So I believe you both could bring a guest at membership admission price.

TheGreatFlight
07-27-2014, 09:15 PM
Yes, we both have our membership card. I guess we'll find out this week. I really would be fine having to pay two separate renewals to be considered a 'full' member (and not just for cheaper admission for a guest, just to make that clear haha).

TheGreatFlight
07-19-2015, 12:23 PM
I'm bumping this question from last year, hoping someone can give me a firm an answer on this one? Even though my husband and I have separate member numbers, when we bought tickets last year it pulled us up as one account and counted me as guest/spouse even though I have my own member number. This year my brother in law and husband are attending every day and I will only come 3 days. Since my BIL will be my husband's guest, the computer system isn't going to allow me to buy daily passes for myself at member rates. So, do I just call and talk to someone about separating my membership and my husband's - so we each pay the full price each year. Will that help so we aren't on the same account in the computer? Or is it still going to be an issue because it's the same address?

Hal Bryan
07-19-2015, 12:31 PM
Hi - I just called the person in charge of all admissions, Chris Jovaag, and she says you absolutely don't need to worry about trying to separate your membership from your husband's, etc. He can take your brother-in-law as his guest, and you can buy your 3 days at the member rate as part of your membership.

Hope this helps!

Best -

Hal

P.S. Don't be afraid to print this and bring it with you in case there's any confusion. :)

wallda
07-19-2015, 12:34 PM
I have a family membership, but only I received a membership card. How do I get my wife a card?

TheGreatFlight
07-19-2015, 12:54 PM
Thanks so much for the clarification. Fingers crossed the computer will them bypass it this year. Last year it wouldn't budge.

Hal Bryan
07-19-2015, 04:18 PM
I have a family membership, but only I received a membership card. How do I get my wife a card?

Send a note to membership@eaa.org or give them a call at 1-800-564-6322 and they'll take care of you.