PDA

View Full Version : Staying in Appleton

wyoranch
07-23-2014, 08:37 AM
I am going to be staying in a hotel in Appleton from Tues to the end of the show. Any tips for making the daily commute as easy as possible. Avoid as much traffic as possible? How to make getting into the grounds as easy as possible.
thanks!
Rick

krw920
07-23-2014, 08:45 AM
Arrive before 7:30 and you should sail in without much problem or delay.

Bill Greenwood
07-23-2014, 08:51 AM
If you want to avoid having to drive and park, there are buses each hour from Appleton to EAA. I am not sure if they pick up at any hotels or just the airport.

I have driven to/from APL a few times on weekdays, and don't recall the traffic being really bad, notwithstanding that the freeway is a major route, even without Airventure and has a lot of truck traffic.

wyoranch
07-23-2014, 08:57 AM
I looked at the buses. This is somewhat a last minute, economy trip ( the hotel was bought using points). $50 a day for my wife and myself round trip is a lot of cash, and I do get that I will have to pay parking. I will say that I am going to use the busses Wed as that is a really long day as we are planning to stay for the night show. Hopefully I can get my wife up and out the door by 7 am lol
thanks again to all of you!
Rick

BeagleOne
07-23-2014, 08:21 PM
Go past the highway 44 exit to the highway 26 exit, turn left at the top of the ramp, and go north on the east-side frontage road to parking. You'll miss most of the traffic that way. If you park at the museum you can take a bus to the main grounds and it will be easier to get out at the end of the day. Check the current maps for one-way traffic requirements; you can sometimes get into the museum lot from the south but not always, but if you can't you can park in one of the closer lots and walk.

BeagleOne
07-23-2014, 08:23 PM
Also, if you like steak and/or the Packers, eat dinner one night at Vince Lombardi's Steakhouse at the Radisson hotel. It's pricey but the portions are huge and very good.