PDA

View Full Version : Access to Brown Arch?

BeagleOne
07-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Hello,

Not sure where to post this. My dad was an EAA member for many years from the time EAA moved to Oshkosh. He's no longer a member, but my brother and I have been members for decades, and it's because of our dad's taking us to the fly-in from the time we were kids, that we both have a strong interest in aviation. A couple of years ago I bought my dad a brick at the Brown Arch. He's never seen it in person because he has some mobility issues and even though we could rent him a scooter, he really doesn't want to have to maneuver long distances from the parking lot, through crowds, at the fly-in itself.

So I'm wondering: is there any way I could get him onto the grounds sometime AFTER the fly-in, when things have settled down, to see his brick in person? He lives in the area. Honestly I'm not sure he'd still be interested at this point, since I have shown him photos of the brick, but if he is, could something be arranged maybe this fall?

Thanks for any info!

FlyingRon
07-22-2014, 01:20 PM
If you don't go while the show is officially on (or the day or two immediately preceding it), I suspect if you ask the EAA nicely, you could drive right up to the arch in a car. You certainly can do so in the days ahead of the show probably without even asking.

Tom Charpentier
07-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Give us a call anytime, one of us will be happy to get you out there.

BeagleOne
07-23-2014, 08:26 PM
Thank you, Tom!!!!!