PDA

View Full Version : When is EAA Annual Meeting?

TedK
07-14-2014, 07:28 AM
I can't find it in the Airventure App. Don't they want members there?

FlyingRon
07-14-2014, 07:42 AM
8:30 Wednesday, Theatre in the Woods. It's on the website schedule. The app is crap.

Hal Bryan
07-14-2014, 08:45 AM
I can't find it in the Airventure App. Don't they want members there?

Hi Ted - the app hasn't been formally released yet, but we're expecting that to happen by tomorrow. If you've already installed version 1.0, watch for the application update (separate from our regular content updates) from Apple / the iTunes App Store and be sure to upgrade to 1.1 as soon as they make it available. That said, the membership meeting is definitely in the app, unless you haven't accepted the content updates - it's the second thing that comes up in the list when you search for the word "Membership."

Hal Bryan
07-14-2014, 08:50 AM
The app is crap.

Come on, Ron - keep the feedback polite and useful.

FlyingRon
07-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Sorry, the app is not quite complete compared to the full schedule. It's not that the EAA is trying to hide the meeting. It's been Wednesday morning for quite some time now.

Hal Bryan
07-14-2014, 09:02 AM
Sorry, the app is not quite complete compared to the full schedule.

Thanks, but, as long as you update the content in the app, it is perfectly in sync with the full schedule as of our most recent update (I pushed an update Saturday night.)

Mayhemxpc
07-14-2014, 11:48 AM
the membership meeting is definitely in the app, unless you haven't accepted the content updates - it's the second thing that comes up in the list when you search for the word "Membership."
Well, not quite, at least on the app on my iPhone. When I type "membership" and search, I get the list of days to look under. If I know that it os on Wednesday, I can open Wed, July 30, and THEN it is the second item on the list. If, however, I shift the search function to "By Event Type", and then open "event," then it comes up as the first item.

In short, it is there, but how to find it is just a little less than completely transparent.

Chris Mayer
N424AF
www.o2cricket.org

Hal Bryan
07-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Thanks, Chris - I forgot that we've improved how we displayed search results since the 1.0 version. In the newest build, search results are initially sorted alphabetically, and the groupings are expanded, so when I search for Membership, Annual Membership Meeting is #2 in the As, right after Admission Tickets.

TedK
07-14-2014, 12:45 PM
The big brown sign says that this is the EAA Convention. The Annual Meeting ought to be a headliner event and probably the #1 event that EAA publicizes. EAA is being too subdued in advertising what should be a key event.

Hal Bryan
07-14-2014, 12:51 PM
Ted - it'll be listed as a a Featured Event in a special section of the app that you'll see when you're on site. It'll also be listed on the daily highlights signage all over the grounds, on the web, in the AirVenture Today newspaper, called out on EAA radio, plugged on social media, etc.

TedK
07-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Ted - it'll be listed as a a Featured Event in a special section of the app that you'll see when you're on site. It'll also be listed on the daily highlights signage all over the grounds, on the web, in the AirVenture Today newspaper, called out on EAA radio, plugged on social media, etc.

Super! Let's hope we get a record crowd and top rate discourse. :D

Hal Bryan
07-14-2014, 06:13 PM
Super! Let's hope we get a record crowd and top rate discourse. :D

Hear, hear!

Wrongway Feldman
07-14-2014, 11:35 PM
It's been Wednesday morning for quite some time now.
I think this will be the 2nd year they held the annual meeting on Wednesday morning.
Prior years they were held on Saturday morning.

When Mr. Hightower was running EAA there was supposedly a larger crowd on Saturdays, and there
was some disgruntled members speaking their mind.
Rumor has it they moved the annual meeting to early Wednesday morning to lessen the crowd size,
to a more manageable size.

The Donuts they have out are the best part of the meeting!!:)

One thing I was wondering is, if you are a EAA member and you just want to attend the meeting.
Do you have to buy a $28.00 (http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-airventure-tickets) wrist band just to attend the annual meeting.

Jeff Point
07-15-2014, 05:44 AM
When Mr. Hightower was running EAA there was supposedly a larger crowd on Saturdays, and there
was some disgruntled members speaking their mind.
Rumor has it they moved the annual meeting to early Wednesday morning to lessen the crowd size,
to a more manageable size.
That's a new rumor to me, and I thought I heard them all. It is true that the first annual meeting under Hightower's reign (in 2012) was the most heavily attended and spirited meeting in history. By 2013 the new leadership moved the meeting to Wednesday, with the stated reason that more members would be able to attend, as many of them have already left to return home by Saturday. That makes sense and I have no reason to doubt that motive.

GeoffS
07-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Is the meeting agenda and/or the BOD nominations on-line anywhere?

Cheers,

Geoff S.