PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Mass Arrivals

baboss
07-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Perhaps I've missed it somewhere but I don't see any info on the various Mass Arrivals scheduled this year. Is that info available somewhere?
So far I've compiled this info from a few of the type group mass arrival webpages. Missing ETAs for most of them.

Cherokees - based in Waupaca, fly in on Friday
Bonanzas - based in Rockford, fly in on Saturday
Cessnas -based in Juneau, fly in on Saturday
Mooneys - based in Madison, fly in on Sunday (~11am OSH arrival)

I've always arrived after the mass arrivals. I assume they keep other arrival going on the other runway(s). Is that the case?

FlyingRon
07-12-2014, 01:59 PM
The mass arrivals come straight in to 36 L and R bypassing the Ripon stuff entirely. All the Ripon traffic is routed up to 9/27.

Inspector Fenwick
07-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Do you or anyone else know the times of the Saturday arrivals? I will hitting Ripon at about 5p Saturday evening. I park in Vintage so 9/27 does me no good. Thanks in advance for any information.

FlyingRon
07-13-2014, 06:42 AM
You can land on 9/27 and get to VINTAGE just fine. I have done it any number of times (Oh, you're a 195 and can't taxi).

The Bonanzas To Oshkosh arrive at 1 PM Saturday
The MooneyCaravan arrives at 11AM Saturday
Cherokees 1PM Friday
Cessnas 2:30PM Saturday

Inspector Fenwick
07-13-2014, 07:36 AM
I am aware that I can get to Vintage from 9/27. I, too, have done it many times. I just prefer to NOT have to shut down with oil temps in the red. I don't know what you mean about a 195 not being able to taxi. That is a new one on me.

You can land on 9/27 and get to VINTAGE just fine. I have done it any number of times (Oh, you're a 195 and can't taxi).

Cherokees 1PM Friday

Wrongway Feldman
07-13-2014, 08:36 AM
They use to have the mass arrival dates & times in the main schedule on the EAA website.
The New website schedule calendar (http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-airventure-schedule-of-events) this year, only goes back to Sunday, July 27.

If they post the Visitor Guide, or in prior years Info Guide (http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?3882-Will-the-quot-AirVenture-Today-quot-Daily-News-paper-include-a-Airventure-Grounds-Map&p=31127&viewfull=1#post31127) (022.jpg) the mass arrival dates & times should be in there.

According to the NOTAM (http://www.eaa.org/~/media/files/airventure/flyingin/2014_notam.pdf) pdf, page 28
They do not show the actual arrival times only various times on Sunday, July 27
AirVenture NOTAM page (http://www.eaa.org/en/airventure/eaa-fly-in-flying-to-oshkosh/eaa-airventure-oshkosh-notam)

NOTAM
Large Formation Arrivals
To increase efficiency and safety of traffic arriving at Wittman Regional Airport, several groups of similar-performance aircraft have been approved to make large formation arrivals. Participation in these arrivals is limited to aircraft registered in each group and requires an FAA letter of authorization.
These formation arrivals are scheduled for Friday afternoon, July 25, for Saturday afternoon, July 26, and for various times on Sunday, July 27. Other traffic using the Fisk VFR arrival to Oshkosh can expect delays during these large formation arrivals.

FlyingRon
07-13-2014, 09:26 AM
The joke was that 195's can't taxi any distance without overheating the engine. That accounts for their preferential parking on the Magoo taxiway.

The times I posted came direct from the individual caravan organizer sites.

Inspector Fenwick
07-13-2014, 06:52 PM
I guess I had not heard that joke, but thanks for your efforts to get us that prime parking.

The joke was that 195's can't taxi any distance without overheating the engine. That accounts for their preferential parking on the Magoo taxiway.

The times I posted came direct from the individual caravan organizer sites.

FlyingRon
07-14-2014, 06:04 AM
Lest anybody get the wrong impression, I'm just a worker bee (I'll park you there) but I don't set the policy.

Inspector Fenwick
07-14-2014, 06:08 AM
You must be pretty high on the food chain to rate Pt Magoo. I usually get the S 40 (Siberia).

Lest anybody get the wrong impression, I'm just a worker bee (I'll park you there) but I don't set the policy.

FlyingRon
07-14-2014, 07:44 AM
If you show up before Monday in a 195 and they haven't filled up the 3-4 rows yet along Magoo (and you're not one of the Metro guys who asked to go south), you'll get parked there.

I don't have a 195...but I've got some friends who do.

baboss
07-14-2014, 11:18 AM

Cherokees 1PM Friday

Thanks!
Mooney Caravan site says they fly in on Sunday @ 11am

FlyingRon
07-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Very good, I transcribed the day wrong.

dclaxon
07-18-2014, 09:52 AM
You must be pretty high on the food chain to rate Pt Magoo. I usually get the S 40 (Siberia).

Don't you mean North FonDuLac?

Dave

TeenDoc
07-19-2014, 04:30 AM
Our Cessna Lead aircraft (Cessnas 2 Oshkosh) will touch down at 14:30 CDT (UTC-5).