PDA

View Full Version : Fame, I Guess

rwanttaja
06-30-2014, 10:08 AM
Found this advertisement this weekend. It's for a quarter-scale ready-to-fly radio-controlled Fly Baby. Painted like *my* airplane! That's even a shot of me flying it in the lower left.
Somebody want to lend me 650 Euros? :-)

Ron Wanttaja

jimdc8
06-30-2014, 10:37 AM
That is really cool! A real compliment to your work. Nicely done...

Jim

Floatsflyer
06-30-2014, 10:41 AM
Ron,

If you determine that the company has not been authorized to use your likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and marketing, seems to me that at the very least, you might be able to settle for a free RTF kit.

CarlOrton
06-30-2014, 11:16 AM
I like the way Floats thinks!

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Congrats, Ron (but still press for that free kit!).

Floatsflyer
06-30-2014, 03:36 PM
I like the way Floats thinks!!.

Thanks Carl....now please call my wife and tell her!!

rwanttaja
06-30-2014, 04:16 PM
Ron,

If you determine that the company has not been authorized to use your likeness for purposes of advertising, promotion and marketing, seems to me that at the very least, you might be able to settle for a free RTF kit.

Dunno, Floats. I'm more used to paying people to NOT publish my likeness. :-)

Ron Wanttaja

Floatsflyer
06-30-2014, 04:31 PM
Dunno, Floats. I'm more used to paying people to NOT publish my likeness. :-)

Ron Wanttaja

Still think you should bone up on your Czech language skills.;)

FunInAviation
07-01-2014, 04:57 AM
That's extremely cool.

WLIU
07-01-2014, 06:41 AM
Ron,

This is the kind of fame that you can enjoy. When we see you in the National Enquirer or one of the other supermarket checkout "publications", then we'll know you are in real trouble.

Best of luck,

Wes
N78PS

Frank Giger
07-03-2014, 08:54 PM
I'd definitely hit them up for a free model of the plane - and then either hang it from the hangar or put it on and end table in the living room.

Bill Berson
07-03-2014, 10:42 PM
I'd definitely hit them up for a free model of the plane - and then either hang it from the hangar or put it on and end table in the living room.

I am guessing you have seen Ron fly a model....

rwanttaja
07-04-2014, 01:06 AM
I am guessing you have seen Ron fly a model....
It's a fair cop.... :-)

Ron Wanttaja

Frank Giger
07-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Actually, I was thinking about how I fly RC planes.....but it's more humorous the way you took it.

So I guess he should ask for two of them.

I can't tell in the picture...did they "borrow" your N-number?

rwanttaja
07-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Actually, I was thinking about how I fly RC planes.....but it's more humorous the way you took it.

I think Bill was referring to my oft-posted YouTube video showing me attempting to fly an RC....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_3D1ztbvRA

I can't tell in the picture...did they "borrow" your N-number?

Oh, yeah. My N-number, my paint scheme, my nose art, my plane's name ("Moonraker") on the forward fuselage. Even has gray wheel hubs, like the Groves I replaced my Goodyears with. Cockpit coaming shows the modifications I put on just last summer, not like this older shot:

I'm not peeved at all...pretty much happy with it. The company is from Greece, apparently, so there's little I could do about it, anyway. I've debated asking for a free model, in exchange for plopping it down next to the real one and taking a picture.

Oddly enough, I got email from RC'er Steve Milner, who just completed his own quarter-scale model of my airplane. He'd contacted me a while back for details. This airplane is amazing...notice the individual turnbuckles on the landing wire attachment.

Ron Wanttaja

ssmdive
07-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Id ask for a model…. What is the worst thing they do, say no?