PDA

View Full Version : Need decent 2 place trike plans

Madmountain
06-20-2014, 04:55 AM
I need a decent two place trike plan. I have a picked a good wing and am hoping to build a good frame/fuselage for a large person. I had purchased plans from Northwing but after meeting with my Local EAA tech adviser, there seems to be some serious safety concerns with the plans I do have. So back to the drawing board. I am looking to build a 2 place trike to be used as a single seater for my rather large size, and as a 2 seater for my kids(all adults). Our only desire is to fly slowly on a nice day over the farm fields near our house in Southern Missouri. I hope to use a rotax 503 as powerplant but may be forced to use an old Kawasaki 440. The cost must be as inexpensive as possible- Medically retired, kids in college need I say more?

Michael Percy
06-27-2014, 01:15 PM
Will you please share the safety concerns you have discovered? Many of us are flying North Wing trikes. I think they are the most numerous trikes in the US.

I need a decent two place trike plan. I have a picked a good wing and am hoping to build a good frame/fuselage for a large person. I had purchased plans from Northwing but after meeting with my Local EAA tech adviser, there seems to be some serious safety concerns with the plans I do have. So back to the drawing board. I am looking to build a 2 place trike to be used as a single seater for my rather large size, and as a 2 seater for my kids(all adults). Our only desire is to fly slowly on a nice day over the farm fields near our house in Southern Missouri. I hope to use a rotax 503 as powerplant but may be forced to use an old Kawasaki 440. The cost must be as inexpensive as possible- Medically retired, kids in college need I say more?