PDA

View Full Version : OSH Grounds

Sirota
06-17-2014, 06:40 PM
The past few years the person in charge of getting the grounds ready for the Fly-in had a blog describing what improvements they were working on and what was happening to prepare for OSH. Either its been discontinued or I can't find it with the new organization of the web site. Anybody know if it's still around?

Hal Bryan
06-17-2014, 07:38 PM
Hi Sirota - That was Steve Taylor. Unfortunately, he discontinued his blog a little over two and a half years ago.

rleffler
06-18-2014, 06:14 AM
Hi Sirota - That was Steve Taylor. Unfortunately, he discontinued his blog a little over two and a half years ago.

Steve's Blog is very much missed. It was great PR and got everyone excited about all the new changes on the grounds. This is one item I wish the EAA would reconsider and resurrect the blog, even if there needs to be a new author.

Just my $0.02 worth......

bob

psvinny
06-18-2014, 12:06 PM
I will add my 2 cents. If enough people add 2 cents maybe it will add up to enough to convince Steve to do his blog again. I think he and his team do a masterful job on the grounds. Oshkosh means so much to so many of us and I like to know where every blade of grass has been moved to.

izznsky
06-19-2014, 07:59 PM
I also miss steve's blog. It was always a good place to find out what was going on. Can we get him back, Please?

spongebobiwan
06-23-2014, 05:27 AM
Steve's Blog is very much missed. It was great PR and got everyone excited about all the new changes on the grounds. This is one item I wish the EAA would reconsider and resurrect the blog, even if there needs to be a new author.

Just my $0.02 worth......

bob

Ditto, but with this exception: I loved and miss the blogs dearly. But having said that, if given a choice, I'd rather Steve be spending his time making sure those often exciting changes actually come about, than to be spending his time blogging about them, and have them not get done. So, if time permits, I join the group of those that would sure like to see those reports once again. They really were great. Therefore, I agree with Hal in his use of the word "unfortunately".

Joe Delene
06-23-2014, 05:28 PM
Here is a fairly recent picture as I was flying by. We can all hope for the best weather possible during Airventure.

RC Gregg
06-24-2014, 05:48 PM
has Oshkosh had a lot of rain like MN has?

rleffler
06-25-2014, 06:53 AM
has Oshkosh had a lot of rain like MN has?

That would be my assumption. Ohio has, so I would assume everything in between has massive amounts of rain too. Let's hope it starts to dry out the next three weeks.

FlyingRon
06-25-2014, 07:53 AM
They've had some heavy rains...2.5 inches on June 1 and another couple of inches last week.
May wasn't too bad.

Bill Greenwood
06-25-2014, 09:30 AM
Rain now is good, it makes it green and keeps the dust down. It's just about a month away and I am sure looking forward to going this year, maybe even more than usual.I hope it is as cool and nice as last year, which was the best I've seen in 3 decades.

Roger Janssens
06-25-2014, 10:27 AM
I hope it is as cool and nice as last year, which was the best I've seen in 3 decades. Bill, you and I agree on many things. But last year wasn't just cool and nice, it was also too cloudy and overcast for us photographers. I don't mind if it's cool -in fact I don't mind if it freezes the balls off a brass monkey- just as long as the last week of July is also crisp and sunny! :-)

Kyle Boatright
06-25-2014, 07:50 PM
Bill, you and I agree on many things. But last year wasn't just cool and nice, it was also too cloudy and overcast for us photographers. I don't mind if it's cool -in fact I don't mind if it freezes the balls off a brass monkey- just as long as the last week of July is also crisp and sunny! :-)

I was with Bill on this one. Last year's show was very pleasant.

RC Gregg
06-29-2014, 07:39 PM
Does anyone know a good place to get some locally grown sweet corn on the way in to Oshkosh from the South on 151 through Waupon and 26 Through Rosendale. You just can't beat Midwet sweet corn!
Also,
I looked for the "beer coffin guy" in Pauls woods last year, but never found him. Was going to share some Southern brews with everyone.

krw920
06-30-2014, 09:06 AM
Does anyone know a good place to get some locally grown sweet corn on the way in to Oshkosh from the South on 151 through Waupon and 26 Through Rosendale. You just can't beat Midwet sweet corn!
Also,
I looked for the "beer coffin guy" in Pauls woods last year, but never found him. Was going to share some Southern brews with everyone.

Allenville farm typically has a stand setup just south of the 41/21 interchange on Koeller Rd. in the old K-Mart parking lot. Not on your path, but only about 2 miles north of the grounds and they have great sweet corn.

RC Gregg
06-30-2014, 07:24 PM
Thanks krw920, I'll stop in there.