PDA

View Full Version : Breezy

douglish
06-12-2014, 02:03 AM
Does anyone know whether or not there will be any Breezy flights available this year?

I think there is to be a tribute to Carl, but has anyone planned to continue his flights? I guess that it would have to be a commercial pilot, and there may not be that much interest.

Pity, if that is so. End of yet another era?

Jeff Point
06-12-2014, 07:08 PM
That is a good question. When Carl retired from giving rides, others including Arnie Z stepped in and took over. Arnie hasn't done them the past couple of years, and I don't know if he plans to this year or not. That said, believe it or not there are still a number of Breezys being built (including the one in my garage right now!) and as they are completed, it is possible that others will step up to take over this important role. I would like to do so with my Breezy, but that's at least a couple of years away, maybe more.

With the number of Breezy's coming for the anniversary, I'd be surprised if someone wasn't giving rides this year. Perhaps this would be a good question to ask in the Airventure Oshkosh section of the forums?

EuropaPete
06-12-2014, 08:18 PM
I believe EAA petty well shut down Arnie last year due to liability reasons, even after honoring him for his generous contribution of introducing many, many people to flight (including both my kids and even my wife!), except for the last day when they managed to arrange some sort of young eagles paperwork mechanism to allow him to fly folks. Not sure what this year will hold. Blame it on the litigious environment these days, and the lawyers.

Arnie is an amazingly generous pilot!

Cheers,
Pete

douglish
06-13-2014, 01:32 AM
Jeff - THANK YOU, good thinking, I have posted there now.

Pete, have mentioned your ambulance chasers too, having now cast our bread on the waters........

Appreciate your inputs.