PDA

View Full Version : Balance Master Prop Balance Test

gbrasch
05-30-2014, 08:06 PM
A member of my website did a pretty thorough test of this product and posted his findings if you are interested here:

http://forums.rvairspace.com/post/balance-master-prop-balance-test-6923720

I want to add that I do not own the product or endorse it, I am posting this because I know there is a lot of interest in it.

1600vw
05-31-2014, 04:50 AM
I had one of these on an airplane I owned. Did it work, no idea. If I ever find the front of that engine and prop I will take it off. But I really doubt that happens, I searched and searched and found nothing. The day the farmer finds it I bet he will be looking for the rest of the airplane.

Tony

gbrasch
05-31-2014, 09:13 AM
OK, I give, lets hear the story!

1600vw
05-31-2014, 10:43 AM
New just built airplane with a new engine.Both had 4 hrs on them. The design of the reduction unit was not correct on this two stroke engine. This manufacturer new this and redesigned the reduction unit. But he did not make sure all old style units that where sold came back to the factory. Because of this I got one of these what I would call Old stock reduction units. Everyone of these units failed. As did mine. They went from a 3 bolt setup to a 5 bolt setup.

gbrasch
05-31-2014, 10:50 AM
New just built airplane with a new engine.Both had 4 hrs on them. The design of the reduction unit was not correct on this two stroke engine. This manufacturer new this and redesigned the reduction unit. But he did not make sure all old style units that where sold came back to the factory. Because of this I got one of these what I would call Old stock reduction units. Everyone of these units failed. As did mine. They went from a 3 bolt setup to a 5 bolt setup.

So did you have this Balance Master unit on your plane?

1600vw
05-31-2014, 01:57 PM
So did you have this Balance Master unit on your plane?

Yes and I would have loved to have it back. Someday I bet this prop comes back to me.

Tony

gbrasch
05-31-2014, 02:04 PM
Yes and I would have loved to have it back. Someday I bet this prop comes back to me.

Tony
But you said in your original post you would take the balancer off.

planecrazzzy
05-31-2014, 03:10 PM
I think he meant to RE USE it....

I've had one on my Kolb Firestar II , Three and two blade IVO...

No complaints...
Gotta Fly...

gbrasch
05-31-2014, 03:14 PM
I think he meant to RE USE it....

I've had one on my Kolb Firestar II , Three and two blade IVO...

No complaints...
Gotta Fly...

Copy that, thanks.