PDA

View Full Version : Is it now OK to shoot at aircraft? Does the FAA care about this?

jedi
05-16-2014, 09:21 PM
May 16, 2014 8:00 pm PDT From the Wenatchee World newspaper, Washington state

shotgun-wielding-homeowner-acquitted-in-paraglider-confrontation

The Orondo man who admitting firing a shotgun to warn a paraglider away from his Box Canyon Road property was found not guilty Thursday on a charge of unlawfully displaying a weapon.

That is all I know. Just heard this on the loocal news radio.

1600vw
05-17-2014, 02:58 AM
I would say from the lack of responses to this post is it not only OK to do this its expected from people today. No one is shocked by this. The state of the world today.

Tony

WLIU
05-17-2014, 04:41 AM
This incident involves Washington property, firearms, and self defense law. It only involves the FAA very peripherally. I will note that just because there is nothing done now, what could happen is A) after more investigation a criminal complaint could be filed, and B) the para-glider pilot could file a civil action. Because there were no injuries or property damage, the pace of the response can be slow. The police have certainly filed a report and all of the individuals involved are identified and their addresses known.

Film at 11.

Wes
N78PS

Blue Chips
05-17-2014, 08:21 AM
There is always more to a story then what is reported, be interesting to know the "rest of the story".
It'd be a safe bet that it was in fact a warning shot and my guess is the paraglider accepted the warning :)

FlyingRon
05-17-2014, 08:38 AM
We fired a warning shot over his head, but he turned out to be taller than expected.

1600vw
05-17-2014, 06:11 PM
we fired a warning shot over his head, but he turned out to be taller than expected.

rotflmao......

planecrazzzy
05-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Is it legal to Fly Higher than a Bullet will reach... and drop a Bowling Ball....
Hmmm, If you say FOUR with a Golf Ball....

Would you scream FOUR THOUSAND with a Bowling Ball....

I hear they are FREE....

All you need is a Bowling Ball BAG....
Gotta Fly...
PS Bring your Friends and any Pumpkins they can carry...

Gal jugs of Frozen water...

Infidel
05-19-2014, 01:32 PM
Yep, blocks of ice. The evidence will shatter & melt away.

fishman
07-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Pumpkins work too the animals eat em besides when is he going to be missed