PDA

View Full Version : Before I buy a Midget Mustang.

Whallon.jesse
03-13-2014, 11:05 PM
Hello everyone.

>>> I've decided against this particular model due to the plans being rather unpolished and hard to read. I'm not a engineer, I want something straight forward, that is why I'm starting a new thread. Thanks all for the advice

Victor Bravo
03-14-2014, 12:37 AM
I would love any final advice, guidance and wisdom about this particular project or those like it before I buy. Thank you.

By replying directly to the title of your post, I think I can address the entire post rather eloquently,albeit admitting to the smart aleck I am.

"Before you buy a Midget Mustang"... PLEASE test fly an RV-3 !

martymayes
03-14-2014, 06:31 AM
also realistic that this kit has changed hands at least twice over its lifetime and for good reason.

What was that reason?

I would love any final advice, guidance and wisdom about this particular project or those like it before I buy.

Does it come with a full set of plans?

1600vw
03-14-2014, 08:50 AM
By replying directly to the title of your post, I think I can address the entire post rather eloquently,albeit admitting to the smart aleck I am.

"Before you buy a Midget Mustang"... PLEASE test fly an RV-3 !

May I ask why you state test fly and RV-3? I could see saying fly an RV series airplane. But the RV-3 is a single seat. So if you are going to jump into someones single seat RV way not just jump into your own Midget Mustang.

Tony

Whallon.jesse
03-14-2014, 12:34 PM
I have flown from the back of a RV-8A. Was a great little ship but I do not have the cash for a RV.

Whallon.jesse
03-14-2014, 12:35 PM
The reason is the difficulty of the build.

The plans are old so I talked to the factory about updated ones and can buy them with a turn in.

martymayes
03-14-2014, 12:50 PM
The reason is the difficulty of the build.

The plans are old so I talked to the factory about updated ones and can buy them with a turn in.

Well, difficulty is a relative term.

That is good news about the plans, I presume they will be offering "replacement" pricing?