PDA

View Full Version : What aircraft would you like to see at AV14?

krw920
10-29-2013, 03:35 PM
Longing for the days of visiting Concords, B-1's, F-117's, etc, what aircraft would you like to see brought to AV14?

Been a long time since a B-1 was here, I would love to get up close and personal with that plane again.
Lets go a step further, a B-2 would be amazing!
A good old B-52 would be fun too!

I know these are all warbirds, but I love them and they are not something most of us get close to on a regular basis. Probably dreaming given the games our government continues to play.

Any other birds people would like to see?

jjhoneck
10-29-2013, 05:53 PM
Personally, I would like to see the last flying Vulcan bomber at OSH. Fat chance of that happening, however.

A Russian Bear bomber would be way cool, too.

Mayhemxpc
10-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Sopwith Tabloid, an Etrich Taube, and the more common late war designs to show how far aviation progressed in four years.

JimRice85
10-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Mine.

Ryan Dembroski
10-29-2013, 07:30 PM
Mine.

+1 :thumbsup:

Kyle Boatright
10-29-2013, 07:49 PM
NASA WB-57. Flying, not static.

I_FLY_LOW
10-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Mine...

jfred65
10-30-2013, 10:16 AM
I agree, MY loehle 5151 mustang. ANY loehle 5151 mustang. after that, the B-2 would be cool. Space Ship 2. The Bugatti replica FLYING. The static WWII German stealth jet replica i saw on youtube. P-82 Twin Mustang. Paul Poberezny's first glider FLYING (Great Tribute). Gee Bee. The human powered helicopters.

jjhoneck
10-30-2013, 10:39 AM
Mine...

I thought that was a given!

31 years in a row....and counting...for me. :)

Rick Rademacher
10-30-2013, 07:07 PM
http://www.martinmars.com/index.htm
Let's see and save an aircraft, The Martin Mars.

Wsquare
10-31-2013, 06:48 PM
Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band! Not an airplane, but sure would be a great concert for the big square. Anyone else second this motion?

jjhoneck
10-31-2013, 08:05 PM
Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band! Not an airplane, but sure would be a great concert for the big square. Anyone else second this motion?

Hereby seconded! :)

MADean
11-01-2013, 12:50 PM
Mine.

My words, exactly. (Hush, Charlie. I'll get it built someday. Maybe.)

GeorgeP
11-04-2013, 11:24 PM
Lancaster.

cluttonfred
11-05-2013, 12:07 AM
How about an Airventure that actually features homebuilt, vintage, warbird aerobatic and ultralight aircraft front and center and relegates the big commercial displays to the sidelines? A radical idea, I admit....

krw920
11-05-2013, 08:57 AM
How about an Airventure that actually features homebuilt, vintage, warbird aerobatic and ultralight aircraft front and center and relegates the big commercial displays to the sidelines? A radical idea, I admit....

While I understand everyone saying your aircraft, and the sentiments of the above statement, it was not what I meant by my original post. To the statement quoted here, I do believe this is done, 90% of the aircraft at Oshkosh are the very planes you mentioned. You want these hightlight in the square in addition to their respective areas? If anyone at the show wants to see these aircraft, just find the big pole that shows exactly where to find them, right up there on the flightline!

I know my limitations, I will never build an airplane. I just do not have all the skills or patience for such a project, even if I could aford it. But I do know I love big warbirds, and the only place I am able to see them fly is if they are at AV. I would have never seen a Concord if one had not been at AV. I would have never seen an F-117 if it had not been at AV, and a whole host of other aircraft that have been featured on the square. These are the aircraft I am talking about.

Not to discredit the home builders, I have great admiration to all those who have undertook such a project to completion. I understand you want to show off your creation, and there are areas that bring those aircraft front and center. Maybe a representation for each of the group always be on the square, a new plane each day would be a great idea!

Mayhemxpc
11-05-2013, 03:24 PM
We understand. "Mine" is not a statement about how great our own airplanes are. It is a statement that we want to see them there because that means WE are there, and arrived there in the most appropriate manner possible. It is similar to a post I made to another thread: "What airplane do you think of when your think of AirVenture." My response, like the ones above, was "My own, touching down on the yellow dot and hearing the tower say: Welcome to Oshkosh."

Other than that? My answer would be, "All of them."

krw920
11-05-2013, 04:33 PM
We understand. "Mine" is not a statement about how great our own airplanes are. It is a statement that we want to see them there because that means WE are there, and arrived there in the most appropriate manner possible. It is similar to a post I made to another thread: "What airplane do you think of when your think of AirVenture." My response, like the ones above, was "My own, touching down on the yellow dot and hearing the tower say: Welcome to Oshkosh."

Other than that? My answer would be, "All of them."

:)

jjhoneck
11-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Why has the ME-262 never made it to OSH? That would be cool to see!

mazdaP5
11-15-2013, 12:49 PM
Why has the ME-262 never made it to OSH? That would be cool to see!

Seconded! My dad would flip out for that!

VansRV4ator
11-15-2013, 02:26 PM
RV's, RV's,RV's! Haha. I would love to see an 1929 American Eaglet. My neighbor owns the second one built and one has never been to Oshkosh. Oh and some RV's.:D

TedK
11-19-2013, 05:15 PM
http://www.martinmars.com/index.htm
Let's see and save an aircraft, The Martin Mars.

Heck yeah! That would certainly change the dynamic at the Seaplane Base!!