PDA

View Full Version : Airshow Emergency Management

TythePilot
10-07-2013, 06:30 PM
Im writing a paper for my Aircraft Crash and Emergency Management class. I was wondering if one of the moderators or someone from HQ had a copy of some sort of Emergency Action plan. Horrible subject to talk about I know, but important nonetheless. Ive tried looking everywhere online but all I can find is an EAA powerpoint that includes a lot of severe weather info. Im sure there must be some sort of more in depth play by play plan for an accident occurring during the show. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ty Sibley
EAA Lifetime 739864

FlyingRon
10-07-2013, 06:44 PM
The Vintage side is that in the case of a crash on the runway area we keep the crowd behind the burn line and out of the designated emergency access paths (our four taxiway). We also have radio heirarchy for reporting incidents. Don't have any weather contingencies that I know of.

WLIU
10-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Each IAC aerobatic contest these days fills out an Emergency Response Plan form and has copies as the Chief Judge station and some other places. You can get the outline by going to the IAC web site and looking at the Competition, Info For Organizers, section.

The International Council of Airshows should have a template for a similar document. The Air Boss and the Announcer usually have a lot of responsibility for coordinating what goes on. www.airshows.aero (http://www.airshows.aero). The emergency response docs are at http://www.airshows.aero/Docs/75.

I have performed in an airshow where there was a mid-air during the warbird fly-bys and had the unfortunate experience of watching an emergency response plan in action.

Best of luck,

Wes
N78PS

TythePilot
10-07-2013, 07:06 PM
I tried the ICAS website but you have to be a member to access their materials. Thanks for the help so far. Im specifically writing about the emergency response for two of the accidents I have witnessed at Oshkosh. The Corsair/Bearcat accident of 99' and the P-51's in 07'. Not looking for information about the flights or crashes, but particularly the emergency response to those accidents.

TythePilot
10-07-2013, 07:16 PM
I think I found what I was looking for in the full narrative of the NTSB reports, thanks for your help.