PDA

View Full Version : Here !

Bill Greenwood
07-27-2013, 03:48 PM
I am writing this from Oshkosh. We left Boulder at 8am and with some clouds along the way, mostly around N Platt Neb, we had no real delays. We stopped at Norfolk, Neb and Prarie du Chen, Wisconsin and were here and parked on the north side at 3 pm Colo time. Norfkolk is a pretty good stop. We just had a free hot dog at the FBO ,but there is also now a full restaurant in the old airline terminal that I am told is good. When I first started coming to EAA back in the 80's there was even commuter airline service there. I hope lots of folks are coming this year, bring a jacket a, as of now it is cool here, maybe 65*., and may be damp.

Bill Greenwood
07-28-2013, 09:43 AM
It is Sun. morn about 10 am. I have seen only 1 takeoff and not one landing this morning. It is ok vfr. I am just north of 9-27, and they are using both 36 and 27, wind 300 at 11. It is quite cool, perhpaps low 60s with the brisk wind. I just saw a friend from Dallas, Lew Shaw who's new plane is a Ferrari red Midget Mustang on display in front of homebuilt headquarters. It was rebuilt by Ezell Aviation in Breckenrdge.

Joe Delene
07-28-2013, 09:49 AM
Yes, a little cool in WI at the moment. I have the plane cleaned up, fueled, & ready to go tomorrow(Monday) morning.

Floatsflyer
07-28-2013, 11:04 AM
Wheels up in 90 minutes. Toronto direct to overnight in Windsor. Up early tomorrow morning to be behind the weather, then direct to Green Bay and then short drive to Osh for the afternoon and rest of the week. Whoopeee!!

Bill Greenwood
07-29-2013, 09:17 AM
10 am Monday. The weather is perfect, the cold wind has died down, showers are gone, a few low cumulus and mostly blue sky and cool day, not cold, and starting to warm up. Wake up was a flight of T-6s at 7:45 am. If you are considering coming, now with this weather is the time, and so far plenty of parking and light crowds.As for as the new food vendors yes there are some. The burger that I had was good,better than last year. But the drinks are still only Pepsi products, which should help me give up soft drinks. There must be a state law against Cokes and Dr. Pepper here. I noticed that there are no trash cans in the food tent near the counter. It is a small thing, but Zaugs used to have plenty of them both at the entrance and along the way. Here they seem to be only outside, so you can leave your trash on the table after you finish ,(very un EAA like) or carry it outside. I mentioned to the lady at the counter that it would be nice to have some containers inside and she said, "That's not my job". I saw dozens of old friends yestrday and we had a great time laughing at Bill Harrison riding a PINK motorscooter. Worse, it isn't even a good pink, it; sort of fuscia. He said, "At least no one is going to steal it".

BeagleOne
07-30-2013, 09:52 AM
As a native Cheesehead and EAA-goer since 1970 (urk!) I LOVE this airshow weather. Not too hot, not too cold, it's just right! Agree about the trash can set-up, though.