PDA

View Full Version : camp scholler questions

RC Gregg
07-22-2013, 07:07 PM
I am planning to stay in the 24hr generator area this year. I could not reach anyone at camper registration phone #. Thought I would give it a try here:
-even if we have a tent trailer on a site in the 24hr generator area, are we still not allowed for an extra person to set up a 2 man tent on the same site?
-is there a potable water spigot (that a hose can be attached to) where I can fill my water tank on camper before getting it to a site?
-are these 24hr generator sites approx. 20x30 like the rest of the campground?

Looking forward to attending airventure again this year with a bunch of R/C friends who are first timers to this event. Thanks for your help.
Gregg

FlyingRon
07-22-2013, 08:00 PM
There are dump/fill stations at the south side of the camp ground for sure (may be other places as well). I don't think there are any different rules for the 24 hour generator area vs. the others. You get one camping unit.

Tom Casper
07-23-2013, 05:26 AM
I don't believe they allow any tents in the 24 hour generator areas. I'm not sure if they enforce that or not. http://www.airventure.org/planning/av13_campingguide.pdf

ysifly2
07-23-2013, 06:07 AM
Not sure sleeping in a tent in a concentrated generator operation area would be a good idea. Especially on a still air night. Carbon Monoxide poisoning comes to mind.

gbrasch
07-23-2013, 06:31 AM
I volunteered in that area for several years, in the past they always enforced the no tent issue due to carbon monoxide as the poster said above.