PDA

View Full Version : Parking in N40 but camping at Sleepy Hollow - best way to move gear

Scott Huff
07-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Hello!

We are camping at Sleepy Hollow campground off Waukua Ave, between the museum and the main entry gate. Our plan is to fly into the show and I expect we will be parked somewhere in the North 40.

What is the best way to get our camping gear and baggage from the North 40 to Sleepy Hollow?

Recommendations and previous experiences much appreciated!

Thanks!
Scott

Kevin O'Halloran
07-11-2013, 01:00 PM
park over by Bassler in the non camping area
take the bus , then the tram, then the bus to the museum--short walk from there
Kevin

Cary
07-11-2013, 09:30 PM
I have to ask--if you're camping anyway and flying in, why not camp with your airplane??????

Cary

Skyguy
07-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Rent a car is the path of least resistance.

Brian Hartwick
07-12-2013, 04:35 PM
Scott, When do you arrive? I'll give you a ride if we are there the same day as your arrival, we did that trip once.

malexander
07-15-2013, 03:54 AM
Scott:
Call me when you arrive. I'll meet you by the fence of the N 40 in my pickup, get your gear & take it and you to Sleepy Hollow. We'll be in Sleepy Hollow by noon Friday the 26th with our 5th wheel.
(405) 417-6077(c)

Scott Huff
07-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Cary, good question. Several years ago we rented a travel trailer and had the RV company park it at Sleepy Hollow. We love the location of Sleepy Hollow and several of my family members appreciate the amenities that come with a travel trailer. If it were just me and my boys, we would tent camp. In fact, we have discussed doing that for Airventure 2014 since several family members won't be attending.

Scott Huff
07-22-2013, 11:01 AM
malexander, thank you for the generous offer and we will definitely call you, if it's not asking too much. Our current plan is to depart Valparaiso IN at 8:00am ET, which should put us on the ground at OSH around 8:30am CT, assuming the weather forecast holds. By the time we secure the aircraft and get our gear to the fence, it will likely be 9:00am to 9:30am CT. Thanks again for the offer ... see you in a couple of days!

malexander
07-22-2013, 01:30 PM
malexander, thank you for the generous offer and we will definitely call you, if it's not asking too much. Our current plan is to depart Valparaiso IN at 8:00am ET, which should put us on the ground at OSH around 8:30am CT, assuming the weather forecast holds. By the time we secure the aircraft and get our gear to the fence, it will likely be 9:00am to 9:30am CT. Thanks again for the offer ... see you in a couple of days!

No problem.
PM sent.