PDA

View Full Version : A little help needed.

Magiver2
06-07-2013, 11:16 AM
I purchaced a Thorp t-18 project and got some extra parts in the deal. These are not t-18 parts and I have not been able to identify them. The quality appears to be excellent. If I can't identify these and find them a home I guess they will make a great pair of saw horses. I have 2 of these assemblies. Any info will be appreciated. See the attached pic's.

Thanks.

rwanttaja
06-07-2013, 11:49 AM
Spar carry through?

E.g, the portion of the spar that goes between the upwardly-cranked outer wing panels through the bottom of the cockpit. Distance would be about right for a later T-18 or S-18 (the ones with the shorter center section).

Ron Wanttaja

Mike Switzer
06-07-2013, 11:54 AM
A while back I was researching the Thorp online & I saw something very similar to that on at least one of the sites I found - I remember there are a couple variations on the wing (detachable vs non-detachable) maybe that is a part for a modified design?

Magiver2
06-07-2013, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the reply Ron but these are definatly not t-18 or s-18 parts as confirmed by Mike Archer and the plans. I have 3 center section spars for the t-18. I do appreciate the input.
Thanks