PDA

View Full Version : OpenAero sequence drawing software.

dsowder
06-03-2013, 03:59 PM
The following note was posted on the news page of IAC.org today:

OpenAero (www.openaero.net (http://www.openaero.net/)) Version 1.3.2 can now be set to print forms A, B, and C acceptable for use at IAC contests. Remember that all submitted Free programs must be checked, signed and dated by a current IAC Judge per IAC Rule 6.14, and that the competitor has final responsibility for the legality and legibility of the forms. IAC does not specifically test, approve, or endorse any sequence design or drawing software.

Doug Sowder

eagledriver.zoe
11-16-2014, 06:31 PM
Hi Doug, Do you know how to use the openaero.net? I'm trying to make the lines in bold style but I can't...I mean make the lines wider and darker...

Craig Gifford
11-16-2014, 07:23 PM
Hi Doug, Do you know how to use the openaero.net? I'm trying to make the lines in bold style but I can't...I mean make the lines wider and darker...

go to Tools/Settings/Expert - individually select both "Neg" and "Pos" and where it says "stroke-width: 1.5px", edit it to something larger - I usually go with 3px. Your next question will be how to make the roll text larger.....same settings area, select "rollText" and edit to a larger font.

eagledriver.zoe
11-16-2014, 08:21 PM
Thank you very much for your help, it worked...if possible, when you can I'd like to know how to enlarge the "figure elements" for exemplo a snap(the triangle is still to small) even when I enlarge the figure with the zoom feature the elements stay too small...thanks!!![emoji2]

dsowder
11-21-2014, 10:45 AM

Sorry I missed seeing your post earlier. I have used Alan Cassidy's Aresti program for many years, and have never really learned OpenAero or its predecessor, OLAN. I only posted here back in June 2013 to announce that IAC had determined that OpenAero's latest forms would be acceptable for use at IAC contests.

Fortunately, Craig Gifford has it figured out, so if I ever need advice with OpenAero, I know who to call on!

Doug Sowder