PDA

View Full Version : EAA Leadership Elections

cub builder
05-31-2013, 03:49 PM
My local chapter dissolved because the all volunteer leaders and members at my local chapter were disappointed with the leadership at EAA headquarters. At that time getting people motivated and voting in new leaders at EAA headquarters wasn't an option.

I do hope Pelton continues to expect the new leaders, from top to bottom, to all serve as volunteers (as he is) That will help motivate future leaders,I hope.
Also, it might motivate more grass roots participation if members had a real vote.

This subject is worthy of a whole new thread thread. Last years debacle where it became obvious that voting isn't for members has received a great deal of attention within our chapter. This months Sport Aviation has mug shots and short resumes of the various candidates for the EAA Board. Personally, I found it to be disappointing to see that nearly all of them start with "CEO and President of". Invariably, most of the candidates seem to want to be on the EAA board as a piece of their business, rather than to enhance the EAA. But perhaps I have a one sided view and am certainly open to enlightenment.

As for voting, I would much rather have a membership mail in vote for board members than all the proxy silliness.

I must say, I am pleased with the things Jack Pelton has been saying. It remains to be seen whether it makes a real difference, but it appears that he wants to head in the right direction.

-CubBuilder