PDA

View Full Version : Will the "AirVenture Today" Daily News paper include a Airventure Grounds Map?

Wrongway Feldman
05-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Hello,

Will the "AirVenture Today" daily news paper include a Airventure grounds Map?
I believe during AirVenture 2011 the "AirVenture Today" daily news paper included a center full page AirVenture grounds Map.
At AirVenture 2012 they removed the map from the "AirVenture Today" daily news paper, for what reason I don't know.
There is a small hard to read AirVenture grounds Map in the info guide.
They also have the foldout map which is a little clumsy.
The AirVenture Today" daily news paper with the center full page AirVenture grounds Map was really convenient, easy to read and was just the right size.
It was the best Ideal since sliced bread.
"AirVenture Today" daily news paper should reconsider reinstating the center full page AirVenture grounds Map.
2 Thumps up!

Thanks,

Wrongway Feldman
05-31-2013, 08:34 AM
Photos of Different AirVenture Maps

Hal Bryan
05-31-2013, 10:36 AM
I just talked with Ric, the man in charge of the paper (among other things) and he had this to say:

Cannot be answered at this time since we do not know if there will be a center-spread ad (likely will not, but it’s always a possibility). That said, devoting that much space (2 pages) in an expectedly tight publication may not be doable.
Ric

The foldout and Info Guide maps you mentioned will definitely be available, and of course the map will be available on IOS and Android-based smartphones and tablets via the AirVenture 2013 app.

Wrongway Feldman
05-31-2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Hal,

I'm not trying to run the place, but when I see something that's convenient, efficient and easy to use I have to speak-up.
I would at least have the Forums & Presentation Map inserts available through out the grounds.
The "AirVenture Today" daily news paper that included a Airventure grounds Map, was kind of a one stop shop info for the the day.

When I have run into a AirVenture new comer that's looking for directions, Its real easy to whip open a "AirVenture Today" and say 'Where you want go is right here.
Besides, I don't need a battery to read a news paper.

Thanks Again,

Hal Bryan
05-31-2013, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the heads-up Hal,

I'm not trying to run the place, but when I see something that's convenient, efficient and easy to use I have to speak-up.

It's great feedback, and much appreciated. I can't promise anything, but we'll see what we can do.

Besides, I don't need a battery to read a news paper.

Well put!

Thanks -

Hal

P.S. Has anyone ever told you that you look just like Hans Conried? ;)

Wrongway Feldman
05-31-2013, 07:42 PM
P.S. Has anyone ever told you that you look just like Hans Conried? ;)

A little green elf did once. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: