PDA

View Full Version : EAA video player inop in google chrome browser

fr8dog
05-14-2013, 05:14 PM
Anyone have a solution to a non functional EAA video player in the google chrome browser? I have tried different extensions for chrome to no avail. It works fine in explorer.

Hal Bryan
05-14-2013, 05:41 PM
Anyone have a solution to a non functional EAA video player in the google chrome browser? I have tried different extensions for chrome to no avail. It works fine in explorer.

I haven't seen any issues like this - I use it in Chrome multiple times a day. I'm using ver. 26, if that makes a difference, but have never come across a problem with any version. Which version are you running? And can you be more specific about the problem? Does the player window appear, any of the controls, etc.? Also, what operating system are you running?

fr8dog
05-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Chrome version 26.0.1410.64 m, when going for instance to the hints for homebuilders channel the area where the player would be is gray, no controls whatsoever, in explorer the selected video shows up and one can play, pause etc.. all is normal. In chrome no go, it's been frustrating me since I can't seem to find why? It sure sucks to have to load explorer in order to watch a video!

fr8dog
05-14-2013, 08:05 PM
Using windows XP.

Hal Bryan
05-14-2013, 08:10 PM
That's really odd, and I can't reproduce it - same browser, same OS. I'll dig deeper when I get to work in the morning.

Chris In Marshfield
05-15-2013, 04:30 PM
"Hints for Homebuilders" are Flash video. Plugins in Chrome can occasionally be unique. I suggest you go to Adobe's web site (using Chrome) and download and install the latest version of Flash. Sometimes that little kick in the pants will fix oddities in Chrome (as rare as they are).

http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/

~Chris

fr8dog
05-15-2013, 08:04 PM
hey Chris, thanks for the tip, did just that and although the adobe site said my browser was already configured to play flash, I downloaded the latest version anyway, but... still not working. This is driving me crazy, i've tried about everything I could think of but still no go...

Rudi

fr8dog
05-15-2013, 08:20 PM
OK, found it!, it was brightcove, I have ghostery installed with Chrome and this blocked brightcove which I guess also enables the ads, disabling ghostery on the EAA site fixed it!

Chris In Marshfield
05-15-2013, 09:24 PM
Nice fix! Blocking plug-in... Just hiding behind the scenes waiting to make your life miserable :-)

~Chris

Hal Bryan
05-16-2013, 09:43 AM
OK, found it!, it was brightcove, I have ghostery installed with Chrome and this blocked brightcove which I guess also enables the ads, disabling ghostery on the EAA site fixed it!

I'm glad you found it, and appreciate the update - I clearly wasn't having much luck on this end.

Just FYI, Brightcove is the video host and player that we use - yes, it enables the advertising you'll see before some videos, but, more importantly, it's what enables the videos themselves. Anyway, glad you got it working and thanks again for letting us know!