PDA

View Full Version : Where is The "EAA Volunteers" Forum: Under General Topics or a Sticky thread!

Wrongway Feldman
04-28-2013, 04:21 PM
Hello,

Where is The "EAA Volunteers" Forum: Under General Topics or at least a Sticky Thread in the AirVenture Oshkosh (http://eaaforums.org/forumdisplay.php?3-AirVenture-Oshkosh) Forum:
There should be a forum dedicated exclusively for volunteers.
I keep hearing EAA AirVenture would not exist without the many volunteers.
Sounds like they are important enough to warrant their own forum.
I vote to have a dedicated forum for the volunteers.
Anyone else feel the same way voice your opinion.

Thanks,

Wrongway Feldman

Hal Bryan
04-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Interesting idea. You're the first person who's ever asked that I recall - what do the rest of you think? What topics would you discuss in a specific volunteers forum that wouldn't fit in, say, the AirVenture, Chapters or other forums?

Wrongway Feldman
04-28-2013, 07:53 PM
Interesting idea. You're the first person who's ever asked that I recall - what do the rest of you think? What topics would you discuss in a specific volunteers forum that wouldn't fit in, say, the AirVenture, Chapters or other forums?

The number one Topic would be to get the word out to the many volunteer vacancies.
With the ultimate goal in connecting/networking people to fill those volunteer vacancies.

Pre, during, post AirVenture there is a volunteer vacancies board on the corner by the Red barn.
Those volunteer vacancies could be posted in a specific volunteers forum.

Below are some volunteer positions: (I know there are more volunteer positions that are not listed on AirVenture website)
Aircraft Greeter
Craft Tent
Flying Cinema
Hospitality Pavilion
Activity Center Office
AUDIO/VISUAL
DEPARTURE BRIEFING
FLIGHTLINE OPERATIONS / OSHKOSH
FLIGHTLINE OPERATIONS / FOND DU LAC
MAINTENANCE AirVenture Grounds
NEWSPAPER DISTRIBUTION
OPERATION THIRST
PRINT/MAIL CENTER
TRAMS Drivers and conductors
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR ASSISTANT
Link to EAA AirVenture Volunteer page:
http://www.airventure.org/volunteers/
If EAA Forums decided to create a specific volunteers forum it would be beneficial to link to it from the EAA AirVenture volunteer page or pages.

The possibilities for networking people to volunteer vacancies with their own forum would provide another avenue to fill them.

Another reason to have their own forum would be to improve efficiency/safety/ideas to better perform the position.

Just the shear number of volunteers would have something to say about what there position in-tales.
Hours worked
Days worked
Conditions/requirements
Who to Contact info, If interested in a particular postion.

Thanks,

Jim Hann
04-28-2013, 10:02 PM
I'm thinking a sticky in the AirVenture forum that is close to what Wrongway has in his post above would probably do it. That is just me.

Jim