PDA

View Full Version : Jack Pelton EAA volunteer

Bill Berson
04-19-2013, 09:30 AM
I want to thank Jack Pelton for serving EAA as a volunteer. The fact that he is doing this as a volunteer means more to me than anything on his resume.
This fact improves EAA's image and must help in recruiting other quality volunteers.

It would be good for the organization (and future of sport aviation) if all future EAA leaders served as volunteers.

p.s. Also, I want to thank all the other EAA volunteers. I don't volunteer for EAA directly, but do spend a portion of my time trying to save private aviation in various ways. Jack's example has got me considering volunteering if I make it to Oshkosh this summer.

scott f
04-22-2013, 10:12 AM
I want to thank Jack Pelton for serving EAA as a volunteer. The fact that he is doing this as a volunteer means more to me than anything on his resume.
This fact improves EAA's image and must help in recruiting other quality volunteers.

It would be good for the organization (and future of sport aviation) if all future EAA leaders served as volunteers.

p.s. Also, I want to thank all the other EAA volunteers. I don't volunteer for EAA directly, but do spend a portion of my time trying to save private aviation in various ways. Jack's example has got me considering volunteering if I make it to Oshkosh this summer.

I completely agree... Jack really has impressed me since taking over. It seems that we have gotten a level of both "calmness" and confidence back. I REALLY appreciate his donating his time and leadership and hope he stays on for as long as he can stand us!

Zack Baughman
04-22-2013, 10:43 AM

:cool::thumbsup:

Bill
04-22-2013, 11:56 AM
.... It would be good for the organization (and future of sport aviation) if all future EAA leaders served as volunteers.

In the professional organizations that I belong to, IEEE, SPIE, and AOC, all of the officers are volunteers, elected by the membership for a one or two year period. There is a paid general manager, responsible to the officers and directors, who supervises the staff and keeps the operation going. This works well, I think, because the officers and directors are active participants in the field. Therefore they really know what is going on and represent the interests of the members. An additional benefit is that there is a natural turnover of officers with time. This governance structure would probably serve EAA better than what we now have.