PDA

View Full Version : No more water problems

Bill Greenwood
04-02-2013, 09:55 AM
The continual discussion on this forum about the problems of lack of free cold water available at Airventure has caught the attention of top EAA management and even beyond, all the way up to Gov. Walker

Two solutions have been proposed:

First, ice cold Dom Perignon will be available at all food stands, of the modest prices of $18 per glass or only $190 per bottle.
And for those who have never had wine that didn't come with a screw top, there will be demo seminars in how to operate a wine cork puller. It is not quite like drilling out a rivet.

And for those whiney Democrats that still won't be satisfied by this offer, then let them attend the winter version of Airventure, to be held on New Years day. There will be a whole lake full of cold water then, and free for all you can drink or at least chop out.

I"ll drink to the whole idea.

And who says the Gop ers don't have a heart?

Anymouse
04-02-2013, 01:04 PM
The continual discussion on this forum about the problems of lack of free cold water available at Airventure has caught the attention of top EAA management and even beyond, all the way up to Gov. Walker

Two solutions have been proposed:

First, ice cold Dom Perignon will be available at all food stands, of the modest prices of $18 per glass or only $190 per bottle.
And for those who have never had wine that didn't come with a screw top, there will be demo seminars in how to operate a wine cork puller.

I believe this is the idea that was proposed by AOPA.

Joe Delene
04-03-2013, 11:05 AM
I've been filling my water bottle at the fountain. How much more free does it need to be?

Mike M
04-04-2013, 09:34 AM
I've been filling my water bottle at the fountain. How much more free does it need to be?

Concur! About the only improvement needed is mebbe make the spigots more conspicuous.

seeekandstroy
04-05-2013, 11:07 PM
Every year I've gone to AirVenture, I've always worn a Camelbak hydration pack. I'm not the one to climb in planes or sit in them, but it's easy to take it off if I need to. On an average day, say 80° and 30-40% humidity, my 5L pack gets refilled three or four times. Best investment ever.

1600vw
04-06-2013, 09:44 AM
Went to Airventure in 2010. I do not remember having any problems finding water.

I thought they ran a great program, seemed like they had it down.

Lindberg
04-06-2013, 10:12 AM
Went to Airventure in 2010. I do not remember having any problems finding water.

I thought they ran a great program, seemed like they had it down.

Yes, there was plenty of water in 2010. Unfortunately, it was mostly on the ground.