PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy - Skyraider

joen6171b
03-13-2013, 01:24 PM
I found this for sale in my neck of the woods, think its worth it? Anything to watch out for with this setup?

http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_756541_SkyRaider+Ultra+Light+Kit.html

Floatsflyer
03-13-2013, 01:56 PM
I don't know anything about this plane or if the price is right but if you are truly interested in buying it this rule applies to any aircraft type being considered: Identify and locate an individual in your local area who is expertly knowledgeable and familiar with airframe type and engine as well as building parameters/build quality. And then pay him/her to do a comprehensive pre-buy inspection. Good luck.

joen6171b
03-13-2013, 02:31 PM
The builder is an A&P/IA

martymayes
03-13-2013, 02:39 PM
think its worth it? nope.

Anything to watch out for with this setup? #1 is it's not finished and has never flown.

Sam Buchanan
03-13-2013, 03:54 PM
The builder is an A&P/IA

That may or may not be of much value. If the plane has never flown, this is most likely an A&P with no field history with a Skyraider.

Regardless of the builder, I would want an independent set of UL-experienced eyes giving the aircraft a thorough inspection. Example, the copper oil pressure line is a no-no for me, but that is easily fixed. This might be a good buy but you need verification from an experienced builder...other than the owner. This assumes you have the shop skills to complete the aircraft.

Happy hunting!

Floatsflyer
03-13-2013, 04:28 PM
The builder is an A&P/IA

It should not matter to you if the Pope himself built it. You require an unbiased, non-prejudicial evaluation. End of story. Take the advice being offered here and be much better informed and intelligent for it.

joen6171b
03-15-2013, 05:38 AM
A friend of mine purchased the airplane, he is a former skyraider owner. Looking forward to tinkering with it.