PDA

View Full Version : Large tach/oil temp/oil pressure gauge

cluttonfred
03-08-2013, 03:07 PM
Does anyone know of source for a large, old-fashioned combination tachometer, oil pressure and oil temperature gauge, something like this out of production Westach gauge? Perhaps something intended for a Harley Davidson?

Cheers,

Matthew

steve pollina
03-14-2013, 08:12 PM
Didn't early Taylorcrafts use a similar gauge. I see them advertised on Barnstormers and Ebay.

cluttonfred
03-14-2013, 11:40 PM
Thanks, Steve, but I was actually looking for new gauges with an old look, not old gauges. So far the closest I have found is the New Vintage USA "1940 Series" (http://www.newvintageusa.com/1940.html) which can be custom ordered in the combination I want (move the oil pressure and temp to the tach, delete the indicator lights, or maybe modify them as oil pressure and voltage idiot lights) but it wouldn't be cheap.

Didn't early Taylorcrafts use a similar gauge. I see them advertised on Barnstormers and Ebay.

Frank Giger
03-15-2013, 06:59 AM
Oh, those are sexy - and I was thinking the same thing about putting oil pressure & temp on the tach - but you're right, they're priced right out of my range.

Imagine if they had the word "aviation" next to them, though! They'd be double the cost!

WLIU
03-15-2013, 09:02 AM
"Custom" always costs more. "Aviation" always costs more. Combine the two?

If your airplane needs a TSO-ed gauge, which is the easiest route when dealing with the FAA, a 3-in-1 gauge costs in the $700 range. If you have an amateur built aircraft, see the cost calculation suggested in the first line. But I will suggest that you might ask Century Instruments in Wichita what a custom silkscreen for one of their 3-in-1 gauges might cost. They might do it for reasonable $$ on top of the price of a gauge.

Best of luck,

Wes
N78PS