PDA

View Full Version : Good and Bad News

Bill Greenwood
02-26-2013, 03:39 PM
From a news story today:

The contaminated "beef" in Eastern Europe may not contain horse meat after all!

It may actually be meat from donkeys!

Yum, Yum.

And what does this have to do with aviation? I don't have a clue, but it is one of those, "can't make this stuff up" stories.

Anymouse
02-26-2013, 06:57 PM
I always heard the tenderest cuts come from the ass.

rwanttaja
02-26-2013, 07:37 PM
From a news story today:

The contaminated "beef" in Eastern Europe may not contain horse meat after all!

It may actually be meat from donkeys!

Yum, Yum.

And what does this have to do with aviation? I don't have a clue, but it is one of those, "can't make this stuff up" stories.
Oh, it'll help assess your co-pilot's navigational skills. If you don't think he can find his --- with both hands, take him for a hamburger in Eastern Europe. If he's a two-handed eater, he'll be showing he CAN.

Ron Wanttaja

David Pavlich
02-26-2013, 08:52 PM
This may give a new meaning the the $100 hamburger. :eek:

David

rosiejerryrosie
02-28-2013, 08:36 AM
Can someone tell me the real difference between eating horse, mule, donkey or...cow? Other than the psychologial consideration, I can see no difference....

Joe LaMantia
02-28-2013, 08:50 AM
Hi Gerry,

I've only eaten beef out of that "selection". I'd guess that any of those choices would taste the same if they were fed the same diet. Horses, mules, and donkey's tend to be used for work and like elk vs deer they are probably leaner, with a lower fat content. That makes meat tougher and depending on diet a bit more "gamie". One thing I know for sure, it doesn't taste like chicken!

Joe

:P

Hal Bryan
02-28-2013, 01:28 PM
Letting this one go, too - if you guys really want a separate board for non-aviation stuff, start a thread in the feedback board and let me know.