PDA

View Full Version : Lubricants and sealants - unofficial pole

CAVU Mark
02-24-2013, 12:29 AM
Just wondering what you use for the typical sealants and lubricants in your aircraft.
For example: fuel fittings, fuel gaskets on fillers, throttle cables, door hinges, pulleys, fuel tanks, aileron cables(chains), etc. Thanks.

WLIU
02-24-2013, 06:11 AM
Aviation Form-A-Gasket #1, Fuel Lube, LPS-2, LPS-3, LPS-1, Kroil. Not necessarily in that order.

Best of luck,

Wes
N78PS

weiskopf20@gmail.com
02-24-2013, 08:02 AM
DC-4 for oil filters and RADAR waveguide O'rings.
MIL-8802, PRC-8802, DTL-8802 for sealing fuel cells and around (military) antenna bases
Titeseal for older engine cases (unless the overhaul manual has been revised)
Weldwood contact cement for upholstery repairs

Mike M
02-24-2013, 01:38 PM
Just wondering what you use for the typical sealants and lubricants in your aircraft.
For example: fuel fittings, fuel gaskets on fillers, throttle cables, door hinges, pulleys, fuel tanks, aileron cables(chains), etc. Thanks.

fuel fittings - hylomar
fuel gaskets on fillers - you mean around the cap on the filler neck? just the gasket
throttle cables - neverseize
door hinges - don't have a door, have a canopy
pulleys - don't have them
fuel tanks - MIL-S-8802 specification
aileron cables(chains) - don't have them

CAVU Mark
02-24-2013, 04:57 PM
Thanks for your responses. Let me offer some more specifics in one area: Fuel tank with a threaded filler neck, sumps with gaskets, steel to aluminum fitting for fuel drains, and threaded aluminum to aluminum fittings for vent lines. Thanks again.

CAVU Mark
03-05-2013, 12:45 AM
Thanks for your responses. Let me offer some more specifics in one area: Fuel tank with a threaded filler neck, sumps with gaskets, steel to aluminum fitting for fuel drains, and threaded aluminum to aluminum fittings for vent lines. Thanks again.

Bump

nrpetersen
03-05-2013, 11:33 AM
Not airplane related, but use silicon spray on your snow blower and snow shovels. You can't believe the improvement (of course you can restrict its use to around hangars etc)!

WLIU
03-06-2013, 10:32 AM
I never lube those. Ever. I do use gasket sealer on the threaded fittings.

Best of luck,

Wes
N78PS