PDA

View Full Version : New High Speed Forum

Gary Brossett
08-27-2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks Hal!!!
:D

Hal Bryan
08-28-2011, 07:55 AM
Thanks Hal!!!:D Thank YOU! All of you for sticking it out and then joining us here now that we're up and running!

Bill Greenwood
08-28-2011, 07:42 PM
I am not very knowlegable about computers and that techno stuff, and not primarily very interested in it. but it seems to me that it works well, certainly a lot better than the 365 did.

And I finally think I figured out the colors also. It's the scheme of a golden gopher, right Hal?

Bob Meder
08-28-2011, 09:38 PM
Well, the yellow is very close to that used on some locomotives I know.... :)

Bob Meder
08-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Hal - in all seriousness, this is a huge improvement. One small request - could you check the settings and see if it could be tweaked a bit better for iOS devices? STUDENTPILOT.COM uses the same bulletin board software, version 4.1.4, and my iPad doesn't have issues with CRLF's being dropped on that site. Also, the "smart text" stuff works over there for me - emoticons, font features and so on. Over here, they seem to get covered up by the text box. Thanks.

Hal Bryan
08-29-2011, 07:44 AM
And I finally think I figured out the colors also. It's the scheme of a golden gopher, right Hal?

Hmm ... I was born in California, lived in Washington for a few decades, then moved to Wisconsin ... I don't see Minnesota anywhere on that list... ;)

Hal Bryan
08-29-2011, 07:47 AM
One small request - could you check the settings and see if it could be tweaked a bit better for iOS devices? STUDENTPILOT.COM uses the same bulletin board software, version 4.1.4, and my iPad doesn't have issues with CRLF's being dropped on that site. Also, the "smart text" stuff works over there for me - emoticons, font features and so on. Over here, they seem to get covered up by the text box. Thanks.

Bob - this is next on my list. SmittysRV posted about some issues he had on IOS as well. If you could please provide a set of really specific steps to reproduce the issues you're having with the iPad, that would be very helpful. I have an iPad 2, and access to a first-gen, so if I can see exactly what you're seeing, that will make troubleshooting and testing a lot simpler.

Thanks -

Hal

Bob Meder
08-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Bob - this is next on my list. SmittysRV posted about some issues he had on IOS as well. If you could please provide a set of really specific steps to reproduce the issues you're having with the iPad, that would be very helpful. I have an iPad 2, and access to a first-gen, so if I can see exactly what you're seeing, that will make troubleshooting and testing a lot simpler.

Thanks -

Hal

Hal - I hope this is clear. I did this from IE7 at the office, and the area highlighted in green is what's not showing up:

Hal Bryan
08-29-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks, Bob - that gives me a clear idea of the display issue.

I'll let you know what I find out.

- Hal

Bill Greenwood
08-29-2011, 09:35 PM
I don't see any trouble with my IOS or my CRLF. Actually since I don't know what that stuff is, I can't tell whether it is working or not.
Do you guys also speak English?
Anyway my Bonanza seems to be flying just fine, so guess an IOS or CRLF is not something critical to an airplane.
I know what a Fleet and a Tiger Moth are, and sure like the photo that looks like one.

Hal Bryan
08-30-2011, 07:10 AM
Bill - I do speak English, but, some days, I think "geek" is actually my mother tongue. Then again, put me in a room full of geeks and they'll all wonder what I'm saying when I mention something cryptic like "VOR" or, if I've had a few drinks, "pitot heat."

Far more importantly ... I'm glad you like the picture. It's one my wife took on a trip to visit my "adopted family" of airplane guys in Guelph, ON, Canada. It's me in a Canadian-built Moth, slipping down on short final. I hope to be back there doing that again in just over a month ...

PaulDow
08-30-2011, 08:05 AM
With the recent popularity of the HP Touchpad, there may be some people coming up with problems with the browser here too. I was able to get one (couldn't resist at $90.) When I login, it says I'm logged in, but I'm redirected back to the login screen. When I go back to the messages, it says I'm logged in, but I can't open attachments. I seem to be able to post a message though.
There are a few people with vBulletin login problems with the Touchpad I found on search results too, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the board's configuration.
Sometimes I miss CompuServe, but then I remember it cost $12/hour.

Bill Greenwood
08-30-2011, 09:57 AM
Ok, Hal as for as this new tech stuff goes, it is as if I was held hostage in Iran for the last 15 years and just came back to the modern world.
I have, however flown a Tiger Moth and landed it on the grass at Duxford. Top that, nerds!
We got Fleet and Tiger rides from Cam, and Bruce, the nice guys at Niagara south airport.

Hal Bryan
09-01-2011, 09:21 AM
I have, however flown a Tiger Moth and landed it on the grass at Duxford. Top that, nerds!
We got Fleet and Tiger rides from Cam, and Bruce, the nice guys at Niagara south airport.

I'm betting the Cam and Bruce you're talking about are friends of mine - small world! As far as landing a Moth at Duxford, the closest I can come (aside from being a passenger in a Rapide that did just that) was parking a rented Vauxhall in the parking lot. :)

Bob Meder
09-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Didja ever figure out what's different between your settings and Neil's (STUDENTPILOT.COM)? (Since he's an exhibitor, I bet he'd be happy to let you know what settings he's using.)

Hal Bryan
09-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Sort of, though I haven't talked to Neil yet - I will, he's a friend that goes back a ways. Anyway, this is an issue that vBulletin is aware of and they've announced that they will fix it in their next release (4.1.5.) They have released bit of javascript code that appears to resolve the problem, and is likely what some other boards are using, so I'm looking at what it would it take to install that, but, to be honest, it depends on how long it's likely to be before vBulletin just releases their actual update.

Bob Meder
09-01-2011, 08:32 PM
To quote the line from The Right Stuff (movie version): "Fair 'nuff!"

nathanQQ
09-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Yeah !
Even I don't have any problem with IOS.And Its working so good .

turbo
09-18-2011, 04:18 PM
this is one big improvement in a forum. why did it take so long???????? THANKS!!!!!!!! 518 i feel so much better.