PDA

View Full Version : Boeing and Warbirds

Bill Greenwood
02-09-2013, 11:32 AM
Is anyone else going to the National Warbird Conference in Seattle?
It's Feb. 21 to 24.

As part of the NWOC events we are scheduled to visit Boeing. I'll be interested to hear what they have to say about the battery fires problem in the 787s.

rwanttaja
02-09-2013, 11:39 AM
Is anyone else going to the National Warbird Conference in Seattle?
It's Feb. 21 to 24.

As part of the NWOC events we are scheduled to visit Boeing. I'll be interested to hear what they have to say about the battery fires problem in the 787s.

At most, they'll say, "We're working on it." How could a tour guide provide any deeper level of technical detail?

Ron Wanttaja

Bill
02-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Boeing employees, like most aerospace company employees, well know what not to talk about. Your best chance would be to take one or more Boeing engineers to a Seattle bar and ply them with Northwest Coast adult beverages.:D

2VW
02-10-2013, 10:47 PM
The Northwest Aviation Conference will be held on the 23rd & 24th at Puyallup Fairgrounds, you may want to see if you can also make that event. The schedule for NWOC looks fool, but maybe Sunday? Saturday night party at Spencer Aircraft see booth for pass.

Bill Greenwood
02-11-2013, 12:25 AM
The only time not scheduled is Fri night after we return from the FHC museum. On Sat afternoon and evening is when we go to Boeing, and we will leave on Sun,

Ron, I never wrote anything about "technical detail" re Boeing. I assume the sponsors thought it would be interesting to go to Boeing and I think it will also.

Bill, I an not an industrial spy, don't need to try to pry any secret info out of a Boeing employee. If I ply anyone with booze it will probably be myself, in moderation of course.

rwanttaja
02-11-2013, 02:04 AM
Ron, I never wrote anything about "technical knowledge" re Boeing.
What sort of information on the battery fires did you expect Boeing to provide you during your visit, then, if not technical information?

One thing to be aware of is that Boeing has an extremely strict policy during tours...no cell phones, no cameras, no pocket knives, no backpacks, etc. If you're taking the tour at Everett, they've got lockers to store stuff.

Ron Wanttaja