PDA

View Full Version : Lifetime membership

Tlb67
02-06-2013, 08:43 AM
Whats up with the large number of lifetime memberships posted in the last SA ?

Wilfred
02-06-2013, 08:57 AM
I wondered about that also. Usually there are 5-10 at most. Something has happened.

Floatsflyer
02-06-2013, 08:57 AM
It's a great deal if your're young enough and expect to live for more than the next 24.88 years!

CarlOrton
02-06-2013, 09:13 AM
There's another post (can't recall where) that cited recent mass emails touting the benefits of lifetime membership. Allegedly included within (I didn't get one...) was an offer to spread out the payments over 10 months or so. That may have enticed members to sign up for it. Just speculating....

Brian Hartwick
02-06-2013, 09:56 AM
It's payments spread over ten months and $10 credit for each year you have been a member up to ten, Give them a call.

Jim Hann
02-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Rumor is the price is rising substantially.

Mike M
02-07-2013, 11:50 AM
i did not buy a lifetime membership for $300 back in '72 when i joined because the chapter i joined was all old farts who'd be dead in a couple years and they all just loved to sit around reminiscing about how much better stuff used to be. oh, yeah, they whined about how fouled up the organization was, that it wasn't listening to them and was drifting off focus. who'd buy a lifetime membership in a dead end?

Kyle Boatright
02-07-2013, 05:47 PM
There's another post (can't recall where) that cited recent mass emails touting the benefits of lifetime membership. Allegedly included within (I didn't get one...) was an offer to spread out the payments over 10 months or so. That may have enticed members to sign up for it. Just speculating....

That was my post. I'd never been solicited for an individual membership before and got two targeted mailings in back to back months (or thereabouts).

provoshane
02-24-2013, 10:53 PM
I did the math and with my 8 years of membership AND the interest-free break up of the total into 10 payments was too good to pass up. I am a supporter of all things EAA and was glad to pay for the lifetime membership, whether I live long enough to enjoy the savings or not. I also got a nice jacket, cap, and some other toys, so I felt it was a pretty good deal.