PDA

View Full Version : Access Problems From Droid Phone

rwanttaja
02-02-2013, 03:22 PM
I've had the EAA Forums site bookmarked on my Droid mobile phone for several years, with no problems accessing the site and giving Hal heartburn from anywhere in the world.

However, just recently, my phone quit accessing the forums page. When I use the shortcut I established years ago, the phone pauses for a moment, then goes to the Google home page. Same thing happens when I manually enter the URL.

I notice, after processing the EAA url for a moment or two, the address bar momentarily flashes,www.updateqt.com (http://www.updateqt.com) before going to Google. When I enter that URL on my desktop, it goes directly to Google as well.

I accessed the site two weeks ago with no problems. Still can access the main EAA.org page.

I'm suspecting there's something on my phone that needs updating. Anyone got an idea of what it is? I thought it might have been Quicktime (from the "updateqt" link) but I don't see a Quicktime entry on my Aps page, and it's not listed as an item that needs updating.

Ron Wanttaja

Matt Gonitzke
02-02-2013, 07:46 PM
Interesting, I've recently started having this exact same problem on my Google Nexus 7 tablet. I tried both Firefox and Chrome, the same thing happens in both. I'm looking forward to hearing about a fix, too.

Hal Bryan
02-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Wow - that's odd guys. I'll dig into this as soon as I can, though I may not get very far until Monday.

Bill
02-03-2013, 01:27 PM
I've also had the same problem on my android mobile devices recently. Couldn't imagine why I was being dumped into Google Search. Its good to know that I'm not suffering from delusions of persecution.

Hal Bryan
02-04-2013, 10:20 AM
It looks like this is fixed - can you guys give it a try and let me know? If you do see the problem again, please clear your browser's cache and close and reopen it and try once more.

Thanks!

tonycondon
02-04-2013, 11:20 AM
works now for me

Hal Bryan
02-04-2013, 11:21 AM
Thanks Tony.

Bill
02-04-2013, 11:25 AM
The EAA Forums are now accessible from both my Android devices.

Thanks for fixing this Hal.

Hal Bryan
02-04-2013, 11:47 AM
Anything we can do to clear up those persecution delusions! ;)

Thanks for letting me know that it's working - looks to be well and truly fixed.

- Hal

rwanttaja
02-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Mine's working, too. Thanks, Hal.

Ron Wanttaja