PDA

View Full Version : Garmin 396, GXM30 XM antenna and accessories +AirGizmo

Awnahas
01-20-2013, 04:22 PM
-----SOLD ------I recently purchased a new aircraft that was equipt with this 396 combined with XM. It works great and I did all my check-out utilizing it intergrated with the plane's Garmin 430W . Prior to purchasing the aircraft I had a Garmin Aera796 and I recently had JA Air remove the 396 and replace it with my 796. If I didn't already have the Garmin 796 I would have definately left the 396 in the plane. It gets rave reviews and my instructor even commented on what a great unit they are. He suggested leaving it but there really was no need. It was panel mounted with an Airgizmo and hardwired to the plane's power source. The Airgizmo lists for $99 and I'm including it in the price as well. The battery power holds charge well. The picture shows what is included with the original box. The planes logs show it was purchased for $2195 and installed in 2007. The start up screen indicates the data bases are Jeppesen dated from March 11, 2010, so will eventually need to be updated. Also since it was hard wired into the planes power source you will either need to again hard wire it (with the airgizmo-ideal option) or retrofit a cigarette adaptor back to the shown power cord. I did not get a manual but I'm certain they are readily available as a pdf download. I haven't configured anything nor am I overly familiar with the unit as I've been accoustomed to my 796. Since it was panel mounted with the AirGizmo from the start it is in excellent shape and buttons show no wear.
Shown in picture: 396, GXM30XM antenna, remote GPS antenna with suction cups, carrying case, 12/24V power cable, USB cable, A/C plug in charger (wall charger), yoke mount, extra cradle, extra serial port cable for computer and Air Gizmo.

Asking $775 shipping and insurance included to lower 48 states