PDA

View Full Version : This needs no explanaiton...

David Pavlich
01-19-2013, 02:13 PM
http://flash.aopa.org/asf/pilotstories/enginefailurenight/?WT.mc_id=130118epilot&WT.mc_sect=sap

My apologies. This is an interview and actual tower/pilot recordings of an engine out and the eventual safe landing. The pictures at the end are quite stunning. Sorry about the typo as well. My keyboard skills aren't up to snuff, I guess.

David

pacerpilot
01-19-2013, 09:20 PM
...well, maybe a little explanation if you're not an AOPA member.

Bill
01-19-2013, 09:39 PM
Except for an explanation of what "explanaiton" is. We don't know what to expect from such a mysterious title. Its always good form to have a title that means something to the intended reader.

Joe LaMantia
01-20-2013, 09:09 AM
Since most of the readers of this blog are pilots, I would say the topic needs no explanation. The video title includes aopa.org/asf and that is enough to get my attention. Yes, I am a member of AOPA as well as EAA but so are many reading this blog. Good example to use in re-enforcing the basics in emergency procedures.

Joe

martymayes
01-20-2013, 12:36 PM
Be interesting to hear if his attitude has changed about night x-c in a single engine airplane, night flying in general or s.e. aircraft, in general.

Thomas Richards
01-20-2013, 02:23 PM
Be interesting to hear if his attitude has changed about night x-c in a single engine airplane, night flying in general or s.e. aircraft, in general.
I'm sure his wife's attitude has changed. Pretty sure she doesn't fly in small airplanes anymore after that incident, or at least not at night :eek: