PDA

View Full Version : I already renewed my membership, but they want me to join again.

1600vw
01-13-2013, 07:15 AM
Last month I renewed my membership. Yesterday I received a packet asking me to renew my membership. Came with this certificate looking thing. As I post this I am looking at my new membership card I received last month.

Computer error or human error?

CarlOrton
01-13-2013, 10:59 AM
1600;

I'd just chalk it up to stuff crossing in the mail. Most all organizations of any size (non-profit or not) use service companies to send out materials. Since you said the latest packet was a request to renew, I'd just assume that EAA transmits info on members who have not yet renewed and the service sends out the nags. Since there is lag time between the receipt of your renewal and the time the nag goes out, I'd just chalk it up to that.

1600vw
01-13-2013, 11:02 AM
1600;

I'd just chalk it up to stuff crossing in the mail. Most all organizations of any size (non-profit or not) use service companies to send out materials. Since you said the latest packet was a request to renew, I'd just assume that EAA transmits info on members who have not yet renewed and the service sends out the nags. Since there is lag time between the receipt of your renewal and the time the nag goes out, I'd just chalk it up to that.

I renewed on December 1st 2012. That is one mighty "lag" time.

Frank Giger
02-23-2013, 06:17 AM
LOL, I had the same thing happen with another (unnamed) national aviation advocacy group last year. Four letters in two months with six months left in my membership....and the kicker is that I signed up for automatic renewal.

Never sweat the bureacracy....it just doesn't help at all.

gbrasch
02-23-2013, 09:02 AM
That happens to me almost every year....

flugtek
06-26-2013, 12:40 PM
I bought a lifetime membership and I get a renewal letter every year as well. Too bad, it seems a waste of funds but I'm sure the fancy computer program that could eliminate the overlap is expensive as well.