PDA

View Full Version : Route-airport planner

Mrbusybody
01-04-2013, 11:32 AM
Some years ago EAA had a long distance flight planner that allowed limitations on leg lengths, airport facilities and lengths, surface conditions and the like. I have been out of the country for a while and I am looking for such a planner to assist in long distance planning for animal rescue attempts. Could someone help me locate such a route planner again? Hopefully free.

Mrbusybody
KIDA

Joe LaMantia
01-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Check out NavMonster on Google for facility information...I use AOPA's flight planner for X-countries.

Joe
:cool:

FlyingRon
01-05-2013, 09:42 AM
EAA had a deal with Aeroplanner.com. I used it for a while but now I pretty much use foreflight for most stuff. I get my weather stuff from www.weathermeister.com

Sam Buchanan
01-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Check out NavMonster on Google for facility information...I use AOPA's flight planner for X-countries.

Joe

Unfortunately Navmonster is another victim of the FlightPrep debacle and has been gone for several months.............

Joe LaMantia
01-06-2013, 09:24 AM
Sam,

Thanks for the "heads-up", I've been flying locals this fall so haven't had a need to look over a "new" destination. I'm looking to get a mini I-pad and pick-up either Wings-X or Foreflight before spring.

Joe

iflyprops
01-08-2013, 05:03 PM
Some years ago EAA had a long distance flight planner that allowed limitations on leg lengths, airport facilities and lengths, surface conditions and the like. I have been out of the country for a while and I am looking for such a planner to assist in long distance planning for animal rescue attempts. Could someone help me locate such a route planner again? Hopefully free.

Mrbusybody
KIDA

I use fltplan.com and when a fuel stop is necessary I plot the great circle route on http://www.gcmap.com/, throw some 'range' arcs up and figure something out.

iflyprops
01-09-2013, 10:09 AM
I also just stumbled upon this fuel stop planner on fltplan.com. You input your route and how far (in distance and time) you would like to fly prior to stopping and voila, it populates airports and fuel prices. Here's a route that I put in for an upcoming trip I have where a fuel stop will be necessary going west:

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i246/iflyprops/6080B406-A3F6-45C7-A060-E565EF0EB302-8910-000002D48D626680.jpg