PDA

View Full Version : Aviation TV Show debut January 5th

Paul@Flightline.tv
01-02-2013, 11:37 AM
I am an active EAA member and would like to let all the members know about a project I have been working on. The Flightline is an all HD aviation magazine styled show that premiers this week on Discovery Communications Velocity Network. You can visit our website at www.Flightline.tv (http://www.Flightline.tv) for a channel finder for your cable or dish provider. We air at 9am EST on Saturday mornings. The show features everything that flies from ultralights through modern fighters. We are not specifically a pilot show rather we are an enthusiast show. We hope you will tune in and if you have any feedback or ideas for shows let me know at Paul@flightline.tv

David Pavlich
01-02-2013, 12:19 PM
Thanks for posting. I found that I do get Velocity.

David

CarlOrton
01-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Hmmm.... Your website says that Dish Network has it on 364, yet I don't even have a listing for 364. Is it HD only?

Check 6
01-02-2013, 08:09 PM
Hmmm.... Your website says that Dish Network has it on 364, yet I don't even have a listing for 364. Is it HD only?

It is premium programming, CH 364 or 5110. I have HD but it doesn't show up on my guide.

More info: http://dish-network-talk.hubpages.com/hub/HD-Theater-is-gone-its-now-Velocity-What-happened-to-HD-Theater

Chad Jensen
01-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Channel 281 on DirecTV. Set to record to the season!:cool:

Chris In Marshfield
01-03-2013, 09:22 AM
You were on Fox Sports last year, I believe it was. No longer there? I'll have to see if my cable provider has Velocity.

Frank Giger
01-03-2013, 09:36 AM
Pretty cool little feature on their website to find out if it's available and what channel it's on by ZIP and TV provider:

http://www.theflightline.tv/about-the-flightline-aviation-tv-show/

David Pavlich
01-03-2013, 10:07 AM
I checked last night...it's PPV. :-(

David

Mike Switzer
01-03-2013, 10:51 AM
It appears to only be available on Comcast if you have HD & the highest level programming package.

Paul@Flightline.tv
01-04-2013, 01:58 AM
Velocity is generally on the basic digital package with most providers. What is your zip code Mike?

David, Velocity is not PPV it is sometimes on a digital package but generally on the lowest tiered one and in the basic HD package.

We were regional on Fox Sports North in MN/WI area and moved to Discovery Communication's Velocity for a national reach. Velocity reaches 43 million US households in all major cities.

Flightline gave the EAA a free ad for the fundraiser for Aluminum Overcast to repair the hail damage and hopes it will help the cause.

Mike Switzer
01-04-2013, 08:44 AM
Velocity is generally on the basic digital package with most providers. What is your zip code Mike?

62521 - it appears to only be on channel 935, which when I go to that channel I get a message saying it is only available with a HD Theatre subscription.

David Pavlich
01-04-2013, 08:51 AM
David, Velocity is not PPV it is sometimes on a digital package but generally on the lowest tiered one and in the basic HD package.

Using your channel finder, I am told that channel 1102 is the proper channel on U-verse. It's a PPV channel. I did a search on U-verse and found that Velocity is not in my package. I have all the movie channels, music, etc. I guess I'm not one of the lucky 43 million.

David

Brian Hartwick
01-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Nice show guys, thanks

Larry Lyons
01-06-2013, 09:39 PM
$80 a month and I don't get either. Must be HD as my guide dosn't even show the channel the web site says it is on.

L

Paul@Flightline.tv
01-07-2013, 03:28 PM
I wish I could solve the cable access issues but it is not in my wheelhouse. Velocity is a good home that has decent national penetration but it is not perfect in every manner.

We have our preview for Show #2 up on our website at www.flightline.tv

Looking for some feedback on the show this week. Snowbirds, PT-22, and Cessna 195.

Paul Jackson
Flightline TV
Co-Host

Paul@Flightline.tv
01-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Any feedback on this week's show? We mixed a little differently and trying out some ideas.

steve
01-14-2013, 06:48 PM
Saturday at 9 AM is a poor choice of time slots for most worker bees. Especially for those who perhaps FLY on their day off. Any chance of negotiating for an evening time or late afternoon slot? The show is only shown once at that time. It's also not on Comcast Xfinity On-Demand.

my $.02

jrollf
01-14-2013, 09:21 PM
Using your channel finder, I am told that channel 1102 is the proper channel on U-verse. It's a PPV channel. I did a search on U-verse and found that Velocity is not in my package. I have all the movie channels, music, etc. I guess I'm not one of the lucky 43 million.

David

I have U-verse as well, the channel is incorrect on the shows website (at least for Houston) it is channel 1104 for me.

It is only available in HD.

Paul@Flightline.tv
01-17-2013, 09:49 PM
The time slot is what it is due to budget and pricing. We pay to play on Velocity and we have to balance the weekly fee vs. the time slot and viewership. We are not able to purchase a later slot at this point and repeating the show is also not available as our option rather Velocity can choose to repeat at their discretion. Ping Velocity if you would like to see the show repeated (it helps us too!)

I asked about the channel finder accuracy as it is imbedded in our website from Velocity. They noted that there are errors in some cases as cable systems redo their line ups and don't notify the networks. They audit often but miss many changes by their own admission. if you have an error please drop Velocity a note on their website to correct the channel.

This week we have a good mix with some grass roots club level flying and also top of the line float planes and one other story. I hope you enjoy the show and keep the feedback coming.

Paul@Flightline.tv
01-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Let me know if you are finding the show on Velocity. The channel finder corrections and updates have been submitted to Velocity for their team.

This week we had ski planes, the Collings Foundation B-24, and soaring. Keep the feedback and comments coming they are appreciated. PM or post here is just fine.

Paul Jackson
www.flightline.tv