PDA

View Full Version : Review: You Can Fly Now: Your Keys to a Sky Full of Opportunity

David Pavlich
12-31-2012, 03:53 PM
I just finished John Craparo's new book, "You Can Fly Now: Your Keys to a Sky Full of Opportunity". It is an experience based read about the process of working toward a Sport Pilot's Certificate as well as training for a Powered Parachute, a Gider, a Seaplane and becoming certified to fix all this stuff! This is something that requires a lot of time, but who among us wouldn't enjoy following this path?

When I opened the book, the first thing I noticed is that it's done in fairly large print. Good thinking, John! The older crowd really appreciates the thought. The book is well written and done so in terms easy to digest. I've yet to take my first lesson, but even with the lack of experience, I can sense the feeling of accomplishment and joy working toward the several certifications. For those like me that like a few images to go along with a story, John has placed very nice pictures along with the text to give some perspective.

The end of the book has a list of trusted flight instructors, what you absolutely need and optional goodies, and some pictures of typical Sport Aircraft that you may consider. There is also an extensive list of helpful webpages.

I enjoyed the book and think that even some of you veterans would enjoy reading it. It a fun trip from the beginning to the end.

David