PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Self Promotion - My New Book (a nice holiday gift)

John Craparo
12-18-2012, 09:59 PM
You Can Fly Now: Your Keys to a Sky Full of Opportunity has been published. The book takes a fresh look at learning to fly through the lens of the sport pilot rules. Each chapter presents a new opportunity for those interested in getting into flying. These opportunities include earning the sport pilot certificate without going into debt, becoming a light sport repairman, transitioning to other categories and affordable aircraft ownership. The book can be purchased on Amazon or through youcanflynow.com. Col. Joe Kittinger was nice enough to write the Foreword.

My intent is to try to stimulate some interest in the field. Marketing is being concentrated in non-flying publications. Please spread the word as this makes a pretty nice gift for non pilots.

For every copy sold, $1 will be donated to the EAA.

Thanks,
John Craparo
EAA Life Member
Private Pilot - Gliders, Balloons | Light Sport Pilot - Airplanes, Seaplane, Powered Parachutes | Advanced Ground Instructor | Light Sport Repairman Maintenance
1946 Ercoupe, 1946 J3 Sea Cub, 2012 Powrachute Pegasus, 1975 Schweizer 2-33, 1975 Raven S-55 Balloon
Home Airport - 07TS Georgetown, TX (Come Visit!)

Peteohms
12-19-2012, 09:17 AM
John, Would you consider being a guest speaker at EAA Chapter 187 meeting sometime?

peteohms at yahoo dot com

John Craparo
12-19-2012, 10:12 AM
Would love to do that. Let me know dates and times you are considering. I plan to be in town through the holidays. Thanks! John

john dot craparo at gmail.com

David Pavlich
12-19-2012, 10:38 PM
Hi John,

Just gave myself a Christmas present. I ordered it from Amazon.

David

John Craparo
12-28-2012, 02:02 PM
Hi David,

Thank you for your purchase. I hope that you received it in time for Christmas. If you are not satisfied with the book, please let me know and you will receive a full refund. Please let me know what you think.

All the best,
John

David Pavlich
12-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Hey John...I'm about half way through it and it's been a good read. Check your Notifications for a couple of messages.

Thanks for a good book.

David

rturiak
01-23-2013, 06:43 PM
This book was recently featured on iFlyblog.com about a week or so ago. Brent reviewed the book, check it out here,
http://iflyblog.com/2013/01/17/iflyblog-com-book-club-january-2013-you-can-fly-now/

This book seems to be getting around the aviation community, it is a great read and I would recommend it to anyone just getting into flying, to the flying "pro". It makes a great addition to your collection of books

pacerpilot
01-25-2013, 08:55 PM
John,

You've forgotten a basic fact. We're pilots. "Shameless Self Promotion" is what we do!!! One of my wifes friends asked me why I liked to fly-my wife answered before I could-"he doesn't like to fly, he likes to show off.". To which I responded "yah, you noticed didn't ya'". Seriously though, I'll pick up a copy of your book for my son. I see you're in Georgetown. Beautiful place. I'm in Livingston and I have a cousin in Georgetown. I'll have to load my wife in the Junior Ace and make a trip when it warms up a bit!

John Craparo
01-26-2013, 07:47 AM
Hi Pacer,

Thanks, yes I guess shameless is on our nature! I have to admit that it is fun to have people gather around my Ercoupe when I visit different airports.

Come over to Georgetown or I can come to you.

All the best,
John

pacerpilot
01-26-2013, 12:25 PM
I think I'll fly out your way some weekend. I need to "go somewhere"-other than my usual 15 minute flights around the patch. Besides, I probably ought to visit my family. I have to agree with you about the fun of people admiring our planes.