PDA

View Full Version : Current Young Eagle Record Holder?

Ryan Dembroski
11-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Was having a discussion with a fellow pilot the other day and we were wondering who has the current record for most Young Eagles flown?
Here are the most recent records I could find on the Young Eagles website:

The current leader is Jeanne MacPherson of Montana who has flown 3,553 Young Eagles (as of 10/25/2006). The most Young Eagles flown in a single year was by Ed Dickman of Idaho, who flew 628 Young Eagles in 2003.
http://www.youngeagles.org/questions/afmviewfaq.asp?faqid=616

Now that I've got my Private Pilot certificate I'm excited to start getting involved in aviation outreach. Might be kind of fun to try to bust a record.

Brian O'Lena
11-08-2012, 04:02 PM
The Young Eagles program started in 1992 and has flown over 1.7 million flights. While the initial goal was to fly 1 million young people by 2003, our on going mission is to continue to introduce youth to flying. These flights are provided by volunteer pilots who participate in the program because they believe in the mission and want to pass on their passion for flying. We do not set hard goals for pilots to meet and we appreciate all of the pilots and ground volunteers who have helped the program become the success that it is today. We encourage all EAA member pilots fly Young Eagles be it 5 or 5,000. That said, here are a few of our pilot totals listed in the worlds largest logbook as of November 2012.

Number
Flown
Pilot Name

City
State
Country

Fred Stadler

Oshkosh
WI
United States

Larry D. Durst
Roseburg
OR
United States

Jeanne E. MacPherson

Helena
MT
United States

Gary Brossett
11-08-2012, 05:14 PM
Mr Stadler is still active and adding to his record
http://www.youngeagles.com/volunteers/recognition/100mission.asp

Green Goggles
11-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Damn! Impressive numbers, wow!

I have given two youth their first ride, but it was not affiliated with any EAA Chapter or Young Eagles program.
I have a lot of catching up to do!

Ryan Dembroski
11-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Wow! Those are some amazing numbers! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys.

iFLYblog
11-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Holy smokes! That's amazing! Kudos to those folks for really being super-ambassadors for aviation!