PDA

View Full Version : On the Farm 2011

frankbeagle
08-21-2011, 09:04 AM
327Even though I "retired" last year as being the "voice" of the Farm, I just could not stay away. I left my house at 4:30am, which is in Kankakee IL, and arrived at the "Barn" at 7:30am. I checked in and surprised all of the "Barndolls", got a ride to the tower, shocked Mark and Pat, picked up a mike and had FUN!!!!! The volunteers from the Vintage Cafe brought us their fabulous biscuits n gravy. While there were fewer planes to talk about than past years the spectators seemed to enjoy watching and listening.

It was good to see all of my Oshokosh friends again and for the 1st time since 1978, I borrowed a gator and went north and spent time wandering through the warbird area. While being a die-hard ultralighter, I have nothing but respect for those who actually had to fly those birds, with minimum hours, during combat.

I then visited the north anouncers stand and as usual we talked about what was going on at the Farm.

Of course at the end of the day I had to visit Packer's Pub, then retired to Timm Bogenhagen's house. The next morning he woke me up with the sad news that it was raining. I stopped by the barn and thanked everyone for the good time and headed home in the rain.

Even though I was only there for a day, I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Thanks again to all of the volunteers for a GREAT day.

Frank "WOOF" Beagle
Challenger Dealer CHII N797FB
http://frankbeagle.blogspot.com
frankbeagle at hotmail.com
ph# 708-269-8057

MEdwards
08-21-2011, 03:01 PM
Frank, I missed you. I'm not much into ultralights at all, but I remember your waking us up in Vintage camping many times in the past. I wondered what had changed. Enjoy your "retirement" but hope to hear you on the sound system again occasionally, early in the morning, in future years.

Timm Bogenhagen
08-26-2011, 08:52 AM
Hey Frank, great to see you this year, come back anytime, there is always a room for you. Your voice will be missed Down on the Farm.