PDA

View Full Version : Bloomington, ILL instructors

malexander
09-25-2012, 04:39 AM
My daughter MIGHT have a job in Bloomington in May, when she graduates from OSU.

Does anyone here know af any small airports nearby with hangars/instructors available?
She wants to finish her PPL. So, I'd take my C150 up there for her to use.

Just doing a little early homework to see what's available.

Mike Switzer
09-25-2012, 05:02 AM
Image Air in Bloomington provides instruction, I believe they are using diamonds now.

The Decatur Aero Club will be cheaper for her though if she doesn't mind a little drive, and both our instructors are pretty good.

(I might be a little biased - click the link in my sig line)

Mike Switzer
09-25-2012, 05:13 AM
Oops, the cat got me up early & my coffee hasn't kicked in yet, I missed the part about the 150. Either of our instructors would work for her, I think there are a couple hangers available here but I haven't checked recently.

I think there is still a waiting list at BMI, but it would be best to call the airport. Logan County & Pontiac are the closest smaller airports that might have what you are looking for, Logan County has cheap fuel. I don't know anything about hangar or instructor availability at either. At most of the grass strips in the area the hangars are full.

martymayes
09-25-2012, 05:44 AM
KBMI is a cool airport. Even in the post Arnie's era.

Mike Switzer
09-25-2012, 08:29 AM
KBMI is a cool airport. Even in the post Arnie's era.

It is a decent town to work in also. Cost of living isn't very high & there is a lot for a young person to do, the city sports/recreation program is one of the better ones I have seen.

malexander
09-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks guys. At least now we have something to start looking at/for. We didn't know of ANYONE in that area. I may need to revive the thread once in a while as we get closer to May.
Although she hasn't even interviewed yet.......we're hoping she does.
She went to a career fair at school last Thursday, met with a rep for a company, and things sounded very positive.