PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Forum Problems

Eric Page
08-09-2012, 06:17 PM
I've been having several problems with the forum over the last couple of days.

- I'm logged out very quickly (sometimes seconds) after logging in.
- When I log in again, threads that I've read are not marked as such.
- I've seen a number of these:

My computer is running Win7 Home Prem x32 SP1 and IE 9.0.8. Any ideas? Thanks.

Kyle Boatright
08-09-2012, 07:11 PM
I haven't been logged out, but have seen the same database error.

Also, there have been times when the response was glacially slow. Kind of like the old Oshkosh365 forum.

Mike Switzer
08-09-2012, 09:16 PM
I haven't been logged out, but have seen the same database error.

Also, there have been times when the response was glacially slow. Kind of like the old Oshkosh365 forum.

Same results here

Hal Bryan
08-10-2012, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the reports, guys - we'll be looking into these issues today.

Eric Page
08-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Some pages are still slow to load (random occurrence), but database errors and logouts have been nil over the last week.

Mike Switzer
08-18-2012, 12:53 PM
I was logged out sometime last weekend & struggled to remember my password. Pages are still very slow to load.

I got thinking, the forums started running slow about the time the convention started - is it possible some of the available bandwidth or server resources are being used for something else?

Mike Switzer
08-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Sunday afternoon I am suddenly getting a lot of Vbulletin database errors again

Eric Page
09-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Rapid, aggressive logouts today. Couldn't even post a reply. I composed text offline, went to the thread I wanted to post in, logged in, hit [Ctrl]-[End] to jump to the bottom, clicked "Reply" and pasted in my text. By the time I did that and hit submit, I had been logged out.

This happened ~10-15 min ago, if you're checking server logs.

Finally got around it by ticking the "remember me" box at login, which I don't usually like to do.

Mike Switzer
09-25-2012, 08:20 AM
This morning I kept getting some sort of error in HTML text when I tried to open the forums. Now the "get new posts" button is gone. What is up with that?

Hal Bryan
09-25-2012, 01:34 PM
We had some unscheduled down time this morning, but the good news is that we finally found and repaired the hack damage, and reinstalled vBulletin with the latest updates, etc. Everything looks to be back to normal now, so let me know if you see anything strange or broken.

Floatsflyer
09-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Sorry Hal, still numerous problems including not able to start threads(it goes directly to vmessage) Also "todays posts" and other categories on that line not visible.

Hal Bryan
09-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Thanks, floats - I've seen the problem, and have some idea where things are broken. We're looking into it.