PDA

View Full Version : EAA Annual Meeting

hkyplr18
07-30-2012, 08:02 PM
http://www.airventure.org/news/2012/120728_five-eaa-directors-earn-re-election-at-eaa-annual-meeting.html

Seriously???

The comments at the bottom are very interesting.

martymayes
07-30-2012, 08:17 PM
http://www.airventure.org/news/2012/120728_five-eaa-directors-earn-re-election-at-eaa-annual-meeting.html

Seriously???

The comments at the bottom are very interesting.

Makes you wonder if they were at the same meeting.

Kyle Boatright
07-30-2012, 08:25 PM
From the linked article:

"Near the end of the annual meeting, a number of EAA members spoke during a question and answer period. Speakers were all longtime and dedicated volunteers at Oshkosh."

The real story: A variety of greivances were aired, some I considered petty, and some I considered major and which seemed to ring true with a significant number of EAA members.

hkyplr18
07-30-2012, 08:30 PM
From the linked article:

"Near the end of the annual meeting, a number of EAA members spoke during a question and answer period. Speakers were all longtime and dedicated volunteers at Oshkosh."

The real story: A variety of greivances were aired, some I considered petty, and some I considered major and which seemed to ring true with a significant number of EAA members.

Don't you just love the media....

Kyle Boatright
07-30-2012, 08:42 PM
Don't you just love the media....

That story wasn't in "the media". It was an EAA release and was self-serving, which is pretty much what you'd expect in any press release.

hkyplr18
07-30-2012, 09:21 PM
That story wasn't in "the media". It was an EAA release and was self-serving, which is pretty much what you'd expect in any press release. I'll rephrase " eaa media"

martymayes
07-30-2012, 09:24 PM
That story wasn't in "the media". It was an EAA release and was self-serving, which is pretty much what you'd expect in any press release.

I can't see the comment line being anything more than the same. Showcase comments of support and delete comments from the dissenters....after they have all been read of course.

RV8505
07-30-2012, 11:35 PM
You also forgot to mention Paul also advised everyone who paid the bills of the EAA ( Corporate ) . Further he said , "people were constanly bugging me for this and that and they didn't really seem to know where the money comes from." HE aslo said our $40.00 of our membership doesn't buy very much. We as members are just as responsible for the chalets as Rod with our wants. Everytime we want things we raise the bar a little higher and eaa has to rent out prime real estate to cover it.

IMHO, It is porbably good that the are charging the spouses full price for their tickets as they are the ones that seem to want more infrastructure and entertainment. Sure we have some issues but Rod is new on the job and from what I saw at the meeting he is willing to work with our concerns.

Hal Bryan
07-31-2012, 06:56 AM
I can't see the comment line being anything more than the same. Showcase comments of support and delete comments from the dissenters....after they have all been read of course.

Marty, I'm the only one with the ability to delete user comments on news stories of ours, and I don't don't do this, period. The only time I delete, hide, or edit a comment within any of our online communities is if it's A) obvious spam, B) explicit or offensive, and in that case, if it's technically possible, I'd rather just *** out a word or two, or C) if the original commenter has specifically requested it with good reason.

DanH
07-31-2012, 08:41 AM
Did anyone video the board meeting?

rleffler
07-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Did anyone video the board meeting?

I believe that Bob Collins mentioned that the EAA Radio team recorded the meeting and I seem to recall that they got video too. They were waiting for permission to post.

I mentioned on the Facebook site that the quickest way to be perceived as being totally transparent would be to post and host unedited video/audio of the meeting. It might be the best cure for insomnia, but with full disclosure, it would take away quite a few complaints and agruments.

Jeff Point
07-31-2012, 05:40 PM
With everything else being streamed and recorded by the fine volunteers at EAA Radio, there is no way that this was not recorded. It should be put up as soon as practical as an exercise in transparency, if nothing else.

RV8505
07-31-2012, 06:24 PM
With everything else being streamed and recorded by the fine volunteers at EAA Radio, there is no way that this was not recorded. It should be put up as soon as practical as an exercise in transparency, if nothing else.

I agree! It would be great if some of the guys that went up there to speak could see themselves as others saw them! Additionaly, It would be nice to share the Paul P rebutal as well.

martymayes
07-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Marty, I'm the only one with the ability to delete user comments on news stories of ours, and I don't don't do this, period. The only time I delete, hide, or edit a comment within any of our online communities is if it's A) obvious spam, B) explicit or offensive, and in that case, if it's technically possible, I'd rather just *** out a word or two, or C) if the original commenter has specifically requested it with good reason.

Hal, I apologize for saying "comments" because what I meant was "feedback." While I have no doubt all email "feedback" will be read as claimed, I also have no doubt that any feedback that doesn't fit in with management ideology will be deleted. Nobody will ever know.

Mattmutz2
07-31-2012, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=I also have no doubt that any feedback that doesn't fit in with management ideology will be deleted. Nobody will ever know.[/QUOTE]

Echo that. See my other post: http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?2525-Feedback&p=20589#post20589