PDA

View Full Version : Speakers on flightline

Planebeach
07-23-2012, 08:21 PM
Who had the brilliant idea to put big speakrs infront of the crowd, they block the view. Why not put the, behind the crowd, it does not matter where the sound comes from.Please next year put them behind the crowd!

Paul Chandler
07-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Agree 100% with original post - the speakers are in a crazy place, they should behind the flightline. Their location makes panning shots difficult as they get in the way and the volume drowns out any hope of conversation. My usual photo spot has been ruined by these speakers - please remove them - they are not needed or wanted.

Kiwi ZK-CKE
07-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Unfortunately its a common thing with modern air shows - even in NZ we have them. there was one exception where the techs put a lot of thought into the PA installation, with speaker clusters behind the crowdline (with barriers around them) each powered by a ultra quiet generator. everything was fed wirelessly so no cables to trip the public, and sound quality was pretty good. It can be done.....

FlyingRon
07-25-2012, 08:17 AM
They also make it difficult to move aircraft in and out of the flight line. The Sound guys who are installing/operating them are true ********s as well.

Jim Hann
07-28-2012, 08:59 PM
Who had the brilliant idea to put big speakrs infront of the crowd, they block the view. Why not put the, behind the crowd, it does not matter where the sound comes from.Please next year put them behind the crowd!

I'm guessing the Chalets required the removal of the legacy sound system poles. I never watch the show from that area so it didn't bother me one bit.

Roger S
01-05-2013, 11:11 PM
Agree also with the original post. Too big and way too loud..

Larry Lyons
02-09-2013, 10:15 PM
As I have stated on another thread, we bring 3 to 5 aircraft, always shoot for row 90 or there about. South of the speakers as you can't here them during the airshow anyway and a real pain the rest of thr day!

L

Mike M
02-11-2013, 03:14 PM
stationary = does not move.
stationery = paper, envelopes, etc.

English, a delightful language to learn. oh, and I agree about the speakers.

Flyfalcons
02-11-2013, 04:03 PM
stationary = does not move.
stationery = paper, envelopes, etc.

English, a delightful language to learn. oh, and I agree about the speakers.

Dude........

Hal Bryan
02-11-2013, 04:10 PM
Okay guys, I think we call this one a draw...

If this thread needs to continue, let's keep it focused on the original topic: speakers that were too big and way too loud last year.

Thanks!

krw920
02-15-2013, 04:03 PM
The legacy sound system was worthless in my opinion. As soon as any plane was in the air, you couldn't hear what was being said anyway. I for one liked the new speakers, for once I could hear the announcer and understand what he was saying about the aircraft in the air.

FlyingRon
02-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Frankly, the announcer is usually a bunch of inane drivel, mostly inaccurate at best and usually patently fictional stories that do nothing to enhance the airshow experience. Thank god I'm usually far enough south that I can't hear it.

McGyver
11-20-2013, 06:03 PM
:confused: Okay... so sticking my head out on the chopping block here... What did you think of our new speakers in 2013? McGyver

Bill Greenwood
11-20-2013, 08:51 PM
A good place for the speakers would be in Appleton.

Flying Ron is right on , much of what comes out of the speakers is just noise, and the only one impressed with most of it is the person saying it.
I was watching one of the acro pilots. can't remember who, and he was doing a good job. but nothing out of the ordinary or that a dozen other acts haven't done. He has some inane announcer shouting into the PA system about how great and rare this act was. I wonder if the pilot has even listened to how much over the line the guy was, he could make a late night TV evangelist sound timid. It was so noisy and unpleasant that I quit watching and went inside a building to get away from the noise.
Particularly in an event that goes on all day and all week, the last thing visitors need is someone shouting at them. It just creates an unpleasant environment.

FlyingRon
11-21-2013, 07:38 AM
The speakers this year were better, thank you. Still, the other annoying thing perhaps you can relay to the attractions:

Use EITHER a narration or music. Those who tried to narrate over music during their acts were largely unintelligible.

McGyver
11-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Not much control over our Performer's music selection or usage, Ron... it's the same thing they generally use at OTHER shows as well.. There ARE, however, many performers who DO read these posts... and pay attention to them. It's a good form of feedback for them. I can at least pass your comments along, however. I CAN say this from personal experience... if you ARE going to talk over music, at least talk over the instrumental part and not the lyrics... that just makes things really unintelligible.